HOW TO: Killer Chiller Installation (Pics & Video)

2003snake

Established Member
IAT2 temps:

80* Day

Before:
Cruise - 130*-140*
Idle after a brisk Drive - 160*-170*

After:
Cruise - 96*-99*
Idle After a brisk Drive - 109*-115*

Next -
  • solenoid actuated valve to bypass the HE.
  • Installation of the IC tank temp gauge.

Installation was straight forward.... here are some pictures:

Getting Ready

KC (10)

Pictures of the botched installation of the After Market heat exchanger (by the prior owner)

KC (6)

KC (8)

KC (9)

KC (7)

Exchanger and brackets removed

KC (5)

KC (3)

New Fluidine HE installed

KC (20)

KC (19)

KC (22)

KC (23)

Cutting Foam

KC (4)

KC (2)

KC (1)

Installation of the foam on the car and installation of the lines

KC (14)

KC (15)

KC (16)

KC (18)

KC (17)

Running the lines

KC (12)

KC (13)

Videos:

Intercooler tank fluid temp exiting the Supercharger:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puaTHCSzbRg"]YouTube- MVI_0794.AVI[/nomedia]

AC vent temperature (28*):

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFdISjCkQH0"]YouTube- MVI_0795.AVI[/nomedia]

We are a Killer Chiller Dealer in Hampton Roads, Virginia - PM for pricing and installation if you are interested....

2003snake

Established Member
I am working on getting the pictures back up, issues with my server.

I have not returned my car. There is no need to retune your car before driving in cooler weather.

Cheers! Jason

black 10th vert

Established Member
Hard to tell from the pic., but what is that tool that is being used to cut the foam in bumper?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Cool, thanks! I figured that it must have been some type of saw, just couldn't quite make it out in that pic.;-)

cbr repsol

Established Member
Ive seen a few post about the a/c in the cab not being cold possibly because of installer issues. Does the cab a/c really get that affected? Ive also seen on kincaid website post about gaining 50rw and 40 rwtq is this true does it work that well? Ive seen a lot of positive comments , im just trying to see some pros and cons. Thanks

2003snake

Established Member
Did you watch my second video? The one showing the vent temperature at 27*, at idle!

Your car starts pulling timing as soon as your IAT2's go above 100*, that for me was as soon as I pulled out of my neighborhood.....

My IAT2's would climb as high as 170's after a brisk run and the throttle body close and and would take forever to drop down into the 130,140's........

The other day, it was 95* and I beat the snot out of my car and even a couple of minutes after the fact with the throttle body closed she was comfortable at 120* and dropping while driving......

I noticed that you live in Ca and probably never see truly cold winters....for us we know how our car acts during the 40 and 50 degree days, trust me, it is a completely different car to drive.....the drawback is lower temperatures bring with them less traction....

As I tell many people, the killer chiller is winter time performance with summer time traction!

Cheers! Jason

cbr repsol

Established Member
Did you watch my second video? The one showing the vent temperature at 27*, at idle!

Yes i did , i just have seen a few people with some issues. I used to work graveyard and it would be really cold a 5 in the morning during winter. Once my car was warmed up i floored it and it ran like crap. Like some type of hesitation/jerking:shrug::??: I thought something was wrong with my car and i did some damage. Once i woke up it had warmed up and was a nice day out. My car ran perfect and under full throttle it was back to normal. The only thing i could think of is maf issues with the cold weather??:??: Thats had me a bit hesitant on this purchase. Plus it get hot here in the summer and i didnt want any issues with my cab temperature. Ive already had so many a/c problems with this platform. Just had a new compressor installed under warranty and now the air doesnt work again .:fm::fm:This is the third time ive had to take it in due to a/c not working.

2003snake

Established Member
I have had no issues - performance has improved and as you could tell the cab temperatures are ice cold!

Users who are viewing this thread