How to pull your engine!

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
Thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it.

He didn't say anything about moving the hydro boost. Maybe 03 - 04s don't have them?

I would like to pull my engine (I think I have a d-laminated rod bearing), but after seeing these videos, it might be too much for me. I have about 85% of the parts to put a blower on my 01, so if I get around to pulling the engine and transmission, I'll put forged internals in at the same time.

RX1Cobra

Established Member

He didn't say anything about moving the hydro boost. Maybe 03 - 04s don't have them?

I would like to pull my engine (I think I have a d-laminated rod bearing), but after seeing these videos, it might be too much for me. I have about 85% of the parts to put a blower on my 01, so if I get around to pulling the engine and transmission, I'll put forged internals in at the same time.
03/04 have hydroboost. It's really not hard to pull an engine. I'd do it myself as long as you have the time and room.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Makes it a little easier to pull the trans fist from underneath but I've always gone out of the top with the engine itself. Done it 3 times that way by myself.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member

Yeah, they do have hydro boost and it was barely clearing the cam covers. Would definitely suggest pulling it to make it easier

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member

droptop01svt

My new video series is up- showing how to pull the engine on a 2003/2004 SVT Cobra. The process is virtually identical with all 94-04 Mustangs (especially once you get the blower off).

Hello the video is fantastic so far ,can I ask where I can see the other 2 parts please,getting ready to do same pull myself. Thanks in advance

Sent from my XT1080 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread