Hurst Auto Shift Pistol Grip Handle Install and Review

thehunterooo

Established Member
Hello my SVTP friends! Here is my hurst auto shifter install and review!

So I seen this last week and instantly bought it. Auto cars never really get the cool shift knobs so I was excited someone showed us some love.

Install is SUPER easy, took me less than 15 minutes and I tend to struggle with simple installs....the instructions provided are very clear and show you every step. Basically just have to pop off the chrome ring around the shifter and everything else comes up easily enough. Again the instructions were done very well so if you do choose to purchase it will guide you along the process.

Seems like a very solid piece and I am pretty happy with it. One thing to note is that on the stock shifter there is a wide plastic ring that holds the shift boot in place. Hurst replaces it with a zip tie which does not seem to work well as mine has slid down with ease. Not a major deal breaker but something to note, make sure it is on there good if you want the shift boot to stay in place. Though with it slid down it looks pretty damn cool with the chrome :D

Will update after getting some time with the shifter though I think it is money very well spent.

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1158.JPG

unti3led.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, thehunterooo. The Pistol Grip shifter handle looks great in your Mustang. Not sure if you had heard, but we will also be releasing replacement side plates for these handles. Rosewood is the first to drop and will be available on February 1st. Here's a sneak peek.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
It may sound weird but I cannot stand the 2013-2017 OEM automatic shifter styles. My 2012 has the T style shifter. For some reason the 2013+ remind me of driving a grand prix or something. Glad to see there is this option for the newer models. Looks very tough. It's not hard to find drive or anything is it? Just push in the button with your index finger and it'll slide on down to drive and lock like before right? Nice looking shifter

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I just changed my 12 shifter in order to have the slect shift option. I do agree that the t handle does look better.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Front page :eek:

It may sound weird but I cannot stand the 2013-2017 OEM automatic shifter styles. My 2012 has the T style shifter. For some reason the 2013+ remind me of driving a grand prix or something. Glad to see there is this option for the newer models. Looks very tough. It's not hard to find drive or anything is it? Just push in the button with your index finger and it'll slide on down to drive and lock like before right? Nice looking shifter

It works just like the stock auto shifter for the 2015+ with the locking and such, very easy to use and the button is tight but not heavy. The button pretty much replaces the top part that pushes down on the stock shifter so nothing changes in that regard (well except for using your index finger instead of your thumb now). It feels so solid and badass now haha

Two months in and still loving it, everyone who gets in always comments on how awesome it is! Super interested in additional side plates, would be neat to change it up once in a while.

gameovergt

Established Member
ok, where can I order this handle & price? nevermind, just ordered it off the Hurst site for $199.00. Wifey will be upset but oh well.

Last edited:

gameovergt

Established Member
installed it, shifts into d or s like butter. Now my light isn't coming on. will have to take it apart to make sure it is plugged in correctly. Ug!

thehunterooo

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback, thehunterooo. The Pistol Grip shifter handle looks great in your Mustang. Not sure if you had heard, but we will also be releasing replacement side plates for these handles. Rosewood is the first to drop and will be available on February 1st. Here's a sneak peek.

I see they are for sale now but out of stock on your site, any idea on when they will be back in stock?

thehunterooo

Established Member
Got my new plates in today love them!! They even come with a new set of screws. I like them as they break up all the black and chrome in the interior.

unti3led.png

untitle33d.png

Users who are viewing this thread