Hypnotic Illusions Auto...?

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
Hey all, I've been researching some tuners and I have heard rave reviews about Wayne Foy with Hypnotic Illusions Auto. However I haven't found a way to contact him, the website given, www.hypillauto.com doesn't work for me and nowhere is his forum name listed.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone that has done business with him that has a way to get in touch with him? Or if he is still in business.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

HTPerformance

As far as I know business with him for the Focus is no longer in existence.

He had some sort of family problems and had to shut down after a lot of backup work and not delivering...

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I purchased an Xcal2/Tune, along with a Short Ram Intake from Wayne @ Hypnotic, which I'm happy with.

I do get an occasional CEL (PO133) w/ the tune, but it has something to do with the O2 sensor and emissions from the Tune - No big deal. Car runs great otherwise!

I'm waiting for Tom at www.focus-power.com to complete his tune for the Xcal2, then I may try it out.

SpeedOften

Established Member
HAMMRHEAD said:
I purchased an Xcal2/Tune, along with a Short Ram Intake from Wayne @ Hypnotic, which I'm happy with.

I do get an occasional CEL (PO133) w/ the tune, but it has something to do with the O2 sensor and emissions from the Tune - No big deal. Car runs great otherwise!

I'm waiting for Tom at www.focus-power.com to complete his tune for the Xcal2, then I may try it out.
the p0133 is your front 02 sensor (Bank 1)... probably means it's on it's way out...

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
SpeedOften said:
the p0133 is your front 02 sensor (Bank 1)... probably means it's on it's way out...
Yup - Thanks!

Thing is, I can reload my stock tune and I'll never get a CEL. Only happens w/ Wayne's tune. I figure it has something to do with emissions since the car won't pass PA emissions with Wayne's tune either.

Not that it's a big deal. It's easy enough to turn off and the car runs much better than with the stock tune.

sLeEstAk

digital being @ large
Established Member
my money would go to either Tom @ FocusPower or Ray at McNews Automotive. Ray, Nick, Bob are all great guys at McNews and they have been tuning and building fords for 18 years now. They dyno tuned my car last week and I am pleased with the results. Very cool people.

I am not sure who is closer to you though. Tom is in South Carolina, I believe.

UtahSVT

Established Member
sLeEstAk said:
my money would go to either Tom @ FocusPower or Ray at McNews Automotive.

^^^ Agreed! I know there is a guy in Jackson, MI that does some tuning and I believe has a dyno - sorry can think of his name - it might be Larry. If you are just looking for a basic tune though you really can't go wrong with buying either an SCT Xcal2 or Diablo Predator and having one of the above guys mail you a tune...

ryanblacksvt

Established Member
I would seek buisness elsewhere, hypillauto no longer exists nor do you want to do buisness with them anyways, this is FACT!!!!!

SpeedOften

Established Member
ryanblacksvt said:
I would seek buisness elsewhere, hypillauto no longer exists nor do you want to do buisness with them anyways, this is FACT!!!!!

I think you two would be more understanding if you knew the circumstances that he (Wayne) was put in... which was the reason he had to get out of the business... It's not my place to divulge what happened but I can say that if I had been in his situation I probably would have done the same thing...:shrug:

Family always comes first... That's all I can really say...

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
+1, I had just heard he was a good tuner for the SVTF's I don't know jack about tuning so I just thought I would ask ya'll over here. Family comes first and that's what I have always believed. Thanks for the help guys.

SADF

Established Member
Wow, Wayne really put his name out there! Wayne worked on my V6 Mustang YEARS ago. Great guy and did reputable work at an incredible price.

ryanblacksvt

Established Member
SpeedOften said:
I think you two would be more understanding if you knew the circumstances that he (Wayne) was put in... which was the reason he had to get out of the business... It's not my place to divulge what happened but I can say that if I had been in his situation I probably would have done the same thing...:shrug:

Family always comes first... That's all I can really say...

I do know the situation considering I was best friends with him and at his house every other day. I was the one who he asked to dodge calls for his buisness, I am the one who got tons and tons of merchandise sold for him on the contour boards, then he did them all wrong, My name was tarnished cause of his shady buisness. I know all that went on, I know that he was almost arrested on mail fraud charges and theft by taking. Trust me I do know what happened.

I thought he was a good tuner for quite sometime, till I got my car re-tuned, and was told almost everything that was on my tune was not right and was half-butt done. All my 02 sensors were turned off, my a/f was WAYYYY off, I was told that my 75 pro flo maf would calibrate itself with the tune:nono:

I dont have a grudge or anything against him anymore and wont continue to talk trash, I am just saying I know whats what and this is FACT and there are about 40-50 people that will back me up on these facts!

csvtjohnga

Established Member
if wayne was a good tuner then why did he go outta business? oh, because he stopped having any type of customer service and got hooked on drugs........................... back to my orig point.

if wayne was/is a good tuner then al gore did invent the internet.

SADF

Established Member
Wayne used to run around with some of the fastest street racers around ATL. His truck was cool and fast and I think he ran in the first gen L classes back when. He later wanted to tune my second gen L with some tuning software and Im thinking "Yeah, Im going to pay some guy who does work in his apartments garage tune my truck"

Users who are viewing this thread