I absolutely despise UPS...

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Strike 3 in the past 6 months. After today, I will personally boycott UPS and refuse to purchase from a supplier that uses them for shipping.

So my JLT CAI that was originally scheduled to be delivered tomorrow after I purchased on the 14th will now not be here until Friday; two days late. Mind you, I live in Hawaii, so expect things to take longer, but here is the issue:

It arrived in Vernon, CA yesterday and was supposed to be on a flight to Hawaii today, but instead somehow made it on a truck and ended up in San Bernadino. The UPS tracking site responded to the mix up with a status of "An exception in the sorting process has occurred.* UPS has taken corrective action."
Apparently their corrective action involves taking their sweet time and delivering 2 days late. I fly back to the main land on Monday for a month, so hopefully there are no further "sorting exceptions."

Strikes 1 and 2 came a few months ago when my school books for online classes got to me after the semester started because they were delivered to a house over a mile away from my home. After the "stuff happens" attitude from UPS, I had to take it upon my self to literally use the signature for package delivery and go through the phone book until I found the correct name.
And the costume we ordered for my daughter that was supposed to arrive a week before Holloween still hasn't made it.

Sorry for the rant, but I was hoping to enjoy my VMP Tune on my 2011 before leaving for the holidays.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I already try and avoid any online transaction that involves UPS if I could.

They're ****ing horrible with their delivery scheduling, and when they do miss someone at my house, they make me drive to their "nearest" distro center which is 20 miles away.

Ask them to just bring it by over the weekend? Nope. Weekend is an extra charge, and never applies to any of my deliveries.

Pick up on the weekend? Nope. Distro center is CLOSED for pick-ups over the weekend. For some reason, they don't believe that people WORK for a living during the work-week.

I've NEVER had any such problems with FedEx and even just the good 'ol USPS.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
The rest of them suck too. Just sayin':shrug:

This may be the case, but personally I can not remember the last time that I have had an issue with FedEx or USPS, much less 3 seperate deliveries in a row.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
I have been lucky with them FED/ex has banged me without lube a few times. I despise them. USPS has been good for me I have to admit.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
i prefer ups...it also helps i live in the same city as their world HQ....so, stuff typically gets to me quicker :D

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I've had better luck with fedex and UPS than I have USPS. USPS here will open your package, see if they want it. If they don't, they will crappily tape it back together and send it your way after either using it or beating it up.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I have a harness bar and hood pins set to be delivered here tomorrow by UPS. The place I bought them is only 106 miles away, what could go wrong?

I prefer UPS but I had 2 packages where some mustang parts went missing. Other than that they do a fairly good job. FedEx is pretty good too. And USPS is pretty good too.

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
I have a harness bar and hood pins set to be delivered here tomorrow by UPS. The place I bought them is only 106 miles away, what could go wrong?

UPS-FIRE-TRUCK1.jpg-from-houston-newsstation1.jpg

Dusten

Established Member
I've had bad dealings with them all. UPS the worst. I checked online, ups said out for delivery. So i started tearing my dpf off powerstroke. when 8pm rolled around and no package(dpf delete pipe and tuner) i checked online again. It said no one home to sign for delivery. Except i was home, all day, in my garage with teh door open. those mother ****ers never came by.

However, the ups guy here has never dropped off a package before 6 pm, so im always home

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I wont use anything but UPS.

FedEx is better than USPS though. USPS? LOL @ that.

Then again I always use the account of whatever company im employed at, so it pulls more weight than a regular person when theres a company account number in the mix.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I have all my stuff delivered to the pizzeria so someone is always there. Plus, the UPS driver and FedEx driver are both customers so they take care of me! Free lunch here & there goes a long way. A few times though, the tracking dates and when they delivered have not matched (only with UPS).

BM1

Established Member
UPS user here... I've had mostly good dealings. My local UPS guy is cool and always leaves packages where I ask and covers them if it looks like rain. The best thing I've done is sign up for UPS My Choice where you can authorize packages to be left without someone home online. I get an e-mail with a tracking number whenever something pops up in the UPS system for delivery to my address, so I no longer have to hound shitty sellers for my tracking number if they use UPS.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I've had bad luck with all of them, but Fed Ex by far was the worst... I've had them send things to the wrong house, the same wrong house, more then once....

I had a friend who ordered a set of shackles for his explorer, shipped fedex, and they went to the wrong house. I didn't actually know this until later.

How did I find out? A few weeks later, I bought an alcoa rim off of a guy in california for my truck, sent fedex. Tracking says "delivered" yet I see no rim. I'm thinking, shit, did someone steal it? what the hell! 10 minutes later, I see a car pull up, and a man who had to be 75+ year old, gets out, and walks over with this big box. I go down and answer the door, and he says, this big box came for you, FedEx left it at my house by mistake. He then said, they did this once before, the last time they left a box of shackles. I thanked him and apologized for FedEx screwing up. The address was right, the delivery man was just an idiot...

FedEx also lost the rear tailgate window weather strip for my bronco, so summit sent out a second one... Then, they both show up at the same time... free weatherstrip ftw :-D

UPS on the other hand, if they've ever screwed up, it wasn't because of our delivery guy. He's been working this route longer then I've been alive, and he's a real cool guy. When I had my 4 35" BFG all terrains shipped in for my bronco, he actually left them in the back yard for me :thumbsup:

95PGTTech

Established Member
UPS pays their employees hourly, FedEx pays them per delivery. Ever wondered why FedEx guys run up to your door and are extremely impolite?

19Mystic96

Established Member
Ive NEVER had a problem with UPS.

Fedex is always delivering packages late to me... had the online tracker say "on time-out on delievery truck" when it said it was in Utah.. That would be great.... if I lived in utah, but i live in CA... this happened numerous times and ive never gotten a package on time or sent a package that arrived on time (according to the online tracking system)

UPS>USPS>FEDEX

Users who are viewing this thread