• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

I crashed into someone, and they just left. What would you do?

Discussion in 'Pics and Videos Buffet' started by NateV8, Nov 28, 2007.

1. NateV8

NateV8 New Member Established Member

I was driving to class this morning in my beater at around 8:55am.
    I was going the speed limit, and I came to the top of a hill. After the hill it starts to go down then around a sharp right turn. When I started going down the hill I noticed that it was completely covered with ice. So I started to try and slow down to go around the turn, but my car wouldnt slow down at all. When I was coming down the hill a guy was coming around the corner coming the opposite direction. Well since I couldn't slow down or turn, I slid into the side of his car. I hit his driver side door and put a pretty big dent in it. My car has no damage except some scratched up paint on my bumper. After I hit him I got out to look at the damage. He asked if I was alright then said he saw me slide on the ice and that there was nothing I could do. Then he saw that there was some cars coming and we were still in the middle of the road so he said he would turn around and to meet me up the road. So I drove about an 1/8th mile to the parking lot and parked near the road so I could see him when he got there. I waited for about 20 minutes, then decided to drive back down the road past where we crashed in case he was waiting for me down that way. I didn't see him so I came right back to the parking lot and waited for about 30 more minutes then left.
    :??::??:
    My question is can I still get in trouble for leaving even though I waited almost an hour for him and he never came? Some of my friends said that maybe he left on purpose because he didnt want to get in trouble for something (no license, no insurance, drunk or high, stolen car:dw:). If he calls the cops and tells them that he got hit and decribes my car, can I get busted for a hit and run or leaving an accident or something?

Would it be a good or bad idea for me to call the cops now and tell them what happened (I hit someone and they told me to meet them up the road but they never came back)?

[​IMG]

2. AntiHeightPunk

AntiHeightPunk New Member Established Member

sketchy as ****, hopefully he isnt a dick and tries the old hit n run

3. I'D WIN

I'D WIN Active Member Established Member

I would file a report just to cover your ass ... That way you are covered incase he decides to file a report and states you fled the scene and so forth.

Just give the basic details and don't admit guilt as your insurance company would say.

More than likely its going to be an office report and the police wont investigate it any further due to the circumstances in which you presented. Its just for reference.

4. Shangsta

Shangsta Phat back Established Member

I think i would report it to the police station and explain everything that way if he does try to call hit and run they will have it on file

5. Sniperdog

Sniperdog Less than Premium Member Established Member

CYA! sounds like he has something to hide, maybe a warrant for his arrest :shrug:

p.s. according to pics, his car nice, yours ,,., not so much :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  6. Starfox07

Starfox07 Formerly XR4turbo Established Member

You hit a maybach? :lol: Love the graphics man, real top notch stuff!!

(sorry i cant offer any real advice)

7. Detroit_Doc

Detroit_Doc New Member Established Member

Make a police report. Explain that you agreed to meet up the road out of traffic and the guy either purposely didn't show, or for some reason couldn't find you. That way you're covered.

In the police report don't lie, but don't incriminate yourself either. Just state that the road was icy and due to the ice your car and another car had a fender bender around a steep bend. Don't say, "It was my fault, I lost control of my car and hit the other guys car". Because if you do that and the cop wants to be a jerk he can issue you a ticket.

8. 10thSVT

10thSVT SVT Poster Established Member

He prob tried to turn around and hit the ice and slid in the ditch..So now his car is totaled and you don't have to worry..lol

Dude you did the right thing.He prob thought there was not enough damage to mess with or he has something to hide..But I would not worry about it..

BTW Love the art work.....:D

9. ChiSVT

ChiSVT Currently SVTless Established Member

Good advice, you should definitely report it but don't admit guilt.

10. 90mustang306

90mustang306 Dead Crawlin Established Member

lol I'd file a report and great art work...

11. 04cobra13

04cobra13 New Member Established Member

if you didnt switch info...then dont worry about it.....

12. RedfireVNM

RedfireVNM Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA Established Member

Call the cops...anything you can do to cover your ass is a good thing...

13. S2-Raw

S2-Raw New Member Established Member

I would report it. Btter to be safe then sorry.

On another note this thread is awesome! I love the pics and map views. You are very good and giving details.

14. WTF D00D

WTF D00D New Member Established Member

d00d, you have a futher in graphics.....LOLz

15. NateV8

NateV8 New Member Established Member

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am going to call the police to report it so the guy can't try and screw me later.

Also, thanks for the compliments on my picture. I tried to make it as realistic as possible.:D

16. Raymond

Raymond slower than you Established Member

Amazing graphical representation. :lol:

If you decide to report it to cover your ass, just don't admit it was your fault. Say you were driving around a corner, that your car and another happened to hit each other and you don't know who's fault it would have been, and then tell them how you waited and the guy left. You should be fine.

17. Jfoster

Jfoster Active Member Established Member

..and MAKE SURE - NO MATTER WHAT - That you PRINT OUT that picture to present to the cops! Also, don't forget the hidden cam so we can get a vid of them laughing!

18. powerjon

powerjon Banned

sketchy...but i love the diagrams. haha

19. HYBRED

HYBRED That Just Happened Established Member

That graphic rocks. Believe it or not, I used similar sketches in my major co-op report out to the board of directors at the Toyota plant I worked at. They loved it!

20. Common

Common New Member Established Member

This thread can somewhat cover your ass.