I have gone to the dark side.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I love the look of your MS6 and you have the best color. I used to just sit and stare at mine in the sun. I think it's the best production red I've ever seen. I have a huge soft spot for the styling too...I think they ****ing nailed it with the look of that car. So aggressive looking but so subtle too. The hood is perfection as is the spoiler, rocker accents and the look of the dual exhaust through the bumper cover. And I always found it comfortable on long trips which is hard to find when you're 6'3" bench press small villages, and bang 10's on command with my giant horse ****. ;).

Never_Enough

Established Member
I love the look of your MS6 and you have the best color. I used to just sit and stare at mine in the sun. I think it's the best production red I've ever seen. I have a huge soft spot for the styling too...I think they ****ing nailed it with the look of that car. So aggressive looking but so subtle too. The hood is perfection as is the spoiler, rocker accents and the look of the dual exhaust through the bumper cover. And I always found it comfortable on long trips which is hard to find when you're 6'3" bench press small villages, and bang 10's on command with my giant horse ****. ;).
Love my VRM, but I am still partial to Black Cherry. If you know anyone looking to buy an MS6, send them over. $100 for you if I get my price. :)

Just 10s? Pssshhhh, I bang 15s on the hood of the Miata daily.

budman5023

Established Member
Ok sooooooo, I am trading in the wrx with less then 2000 miles and Frankenstein's monster is giving me fits again.Things have changed and I am looking at a 2011+ f150 Supercrew 4x4 v8. I am moving out of crappy Denver to the mountains and I am shipping the mustang here. I just can't do it with a half running truck, a new wrx, and a racecar. So the old truck is going back to the farm in LA and trading in the wrx for a newerish f150. Was also looking at a couple super cab raptors. Anything I should look for? Rear end ratios, tow packages, etc. Thanks for the input.

budman5023

Established Member
I have my eye on a 2012 fx4 5.0 black 100,000 miles. interior looks really good. The exterior looks like it was definitely used as a work truck but not to bad. I am kind of glad the exterior isn't perfect. I can use it as a truck and not be to worried about all of the truck stuff. The wheels are aftermarket and they are ugly, the tires need to replaced with some BFGs and some fox struts and shocks. How strong is the trans and transfer case? I am already eyeing some forced induction. I cant wait for my mustang to meet the truck. Same color too. There are no emissions or inspections in my new city. I might put the mustang back on the road and drive it to Denver sometimes.

Osiris

Established Member
Just bought a 175k mile '03 Supercrew myself. Lol

I just needed something to haul landscaping around, tow the XR4Ti my son and I are going to start racing soon...things like that.

She's a little rough around the edges, but has been just the kind of solid you'd expect from an old F series, and I love the thing. I just bought some nerf bars for it last week, even though I had no intention of ever putting a dime into it other than maintenance...

b252def149b152c2889abccfc3892dea.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

budman5023

Established Member
Just bought a 175k mile '03 Supercrew myself. Lol

I just needed something to haul landscaping around, tow the XR4Ti my son and I are going to start racing soon...things like that.

She's a little rough around the edges, but has been just the kind of solid you'd expect from an old F series, and I love the thing. I just bought some nerf bars for it last week, even though I had no intention of ever putting a dime into it other than maintenance...

View attachment 1480923

Nice looking truck. I always loved that body style. Will take a lightning motor no problem among other swaps which was the plan but my dad wants a truck to use on the property. I really wanted to find a 01-03 fx4 with a blown motor which they are everywhere and put my motor and diff in but the old man really wanted it as is.

budman5023

Established Member
So everything went through and I have a new truck. Will post pics soon.So far I really like it beside the fact that sync doesn't work which is getting fixed next week. I will have to get some stock fx4 wheels because I hate the aftermarket 20s that are on it and the tires are about done. I am looking at the fx4 18s so I can fit some more sidewall. Some routine maintenance, BFG all terrains, Fox shocks, intake, exhaust, and tune and FI down the road and I will be ready for some towing and off roading. Cant wait to get the mustang back on the road.

Osiris

Established Member
Nice looking truck. I always loved that body style. Will take a lightning motor no problem among other swaps which was the plan but my dad wants a truck to use on the property. I really wanted to find a 01-03 fx4 with a blown motor which they are everywhere and put my motor and diff in but the old man really wanted it as is.
Thanks! Didn't think it was too bad for the 6k I paid, it's pretty clean inside as well. Seats look hardly sat in but the door panels and other such plastic crap Ford used back then is showing its age...Some day down the line I'll do something like that...I have my son keeping his eye out for a decent 5.4....This one has the 4.6, which has proven to be a good bit more reliable from what I have read, but not torquey enough for me, It's more than enough for what I need it for now though....but sooner or later, I'll slap something a little more robust in it...

budman5023

Established Member
So last night the auto shipper showed up to pick up Frankenstein's monster to bring it back to the farm. It hurt watching that thing leave. It has been a pain but it was fun to mess with. It felt like an old dog being taken to the "farm upstate." Anyway the new truck's sync system is getting replaced and I have a new legacy as a loaner and it......is.......sssslllloooowww. Holy crap this thing has 0 balls. I will have my effin mustang here as soon as I move as soon as I get my newer truck back.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Youre a busy guy it seems like.

Has the track car ever been out to HPR or PMP?

Users who are viewing this thread