I need tires for every day use, all weather, for 600whp whipple terminator

RAIDERS

Established Member
Hi guys, lately its been bother me, that I cant drive my terminator the way I want, I like to use my car all years round, when ever I want, go any where i want to go, currently im using 315 tires on my 10.5 wheel, nitto 555r , front is nitto 555r 9 inch wheel

when I first bought the car .the car do horrible in rains, im pretty much slide every where, well I learn that, so I stop driving it, its does bad in cold weather too. its does hook awsome when summer.

so my idea is, put back the stock 10th ani wheels back on, and put in a all weather season tires, rains, snow, ice, hot, cold, warm, everything. I like the idea of driving when every, where ever i want. Car making 600whp on 91 tune. But I dont racing, once in a while I get on it.

what is good set of tires , that perfect for my 10th ani wheel. thanks

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
All seasons won't work at your power level. If you want to drive the car more move to where it's warm year round.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
What others have said. R888 work much better in the rain than a DR and hook well in the dry. Work ok in the cold but not as good as in thw warm obviously. Driving in the snow is just silly and risky. Even if you don't screw up, you still have a high risk of getting hit. Also why 555R up front?

Saleen498

Established Member
Continental Extreme Contact Sports, Sport Plus. Very impressive everyday tire in my opinion.......
I second that. I ripped thru 4 sets of p zeros on my 15 gt in 12k miles due to wheel hop, sliding at low speeds and I won't lie, general horseplay. Switched to the continentals once we started seeing 40 degree temps continuously and I love them. I don't hesitate taking the car out in snow or ice. I was always a Michelin man but these tires won me over. Very comfortable ride in comparison to the Pirellis, I can't directly compare ride quality with pilot sports as I have not had those on the same car.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fitforspeed

Established Member
I recommend the Toyo Proxes R888R’s. I have two Cobras and run the Toyos on both and have been through several sets. My coupe is 700 rwhp and my vert the wife drives and hauls around our two kids in. I love them. Best tire I have ever ran for the street. I’ve tried about every brand out there, Michelin, Bfg, Nitto, Pirelli, Yokohama, Hoosier, M/T, Drag radials included. I’m in Fl so snow and super cold weather is not an issue for me, not sure where you live.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I recommend the Toyo Proxes R888R’s. I have two Cobras and run the Toyos on both and have been through several sets. My coupe is 700 rwhp and my vert the wife drives and hauls around our two kids in. I love them. Best tire I have ever ran for the street. I’ve tried about every brand out there, Michelin, Bfg, Nitto, Pirelli, Yokohama, Hoosier, M/T, Drag radials included. I’m in Fl so snow and super cold weather is not an issue for me, not sure where you live.

Those are more for auto x than say a drag radial, right? That's the reason I have not considered them.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Those are more for auto x than say a drag radial, right? That's the reason I have not considered them.
Yes and No, They have a much stiffer sidewall than a DR but a similarly soft compound. They hook quite nice once they're broken in. Like any R compound tire they need heat to work so anything under 40° they are a little touchy. Snow is a no go. They are very impressive in the rain though.

I wouldn't say they are auto-x tires though. I think they were big with spec Miata people. Also ALOT of high power 1/2 mile cars use them (UGR,Twin Turbo ACR, etc).

fitforspeed

Established Member

I personally think they are better than most drag radials. Like I said I have pretty much run them all, for street and drag use. The Toyos on the street have excellent straight line traction, all the while still maintaining an awesome amount of handling. Drag radials on the other hand pretty much suck as far as handling goes and don’t get caught in the rain in them for sure. From my experience for a street car nothing has impressed like the Toyos. For drag use do yourself a favor and just buy a set of dedicated rears at least, slicks recommended as radials are a waste for a decent power stick car.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I personally think they are better than most drag radials. Like I said I have pretty much run them all, for street and drag use. The Toyos on the street have excellent straight line traction, all the while still maintaining an awesome amount of handling. Drag radials on the other hand pretty much suck as far as handling goes and don’t get caught in the rain in them for sure. From my experience for a street car nothing has impressed like the Toyos. For drag use do yourself a favor and just buy a set of dedicated rears at least, slicks recommended as radials are a waste for a decent power stick car.

Do the 888R last longer than a Drag Radial?
I'm legitimately seeking a new set of rear tires. Car should be around 550/550, and the rear wheels are 18x11. I'm probably going with 305 or 315s.
Front tires are brand new Nitto 555s, so the Toyo tread is totally different, but not so sure I care about that too much.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Do the 888R last longer than a Drag Radial?
I'm legitimately seeking a new set of rear tires. Car should be around 550/550, and the rear wheels are 18x11. I'm probably going with 305 or 315s.
Front tires are brand new Nitto 555s, so the Toyo tread is totally different, but not so sure I care about that too much.

I’d say yes they do last longer, but I’ve never checked mileage to verify that. A 315/30r18 will fit your wheel perfectly. An equivalent front would be a 275/35r18. And for looks the tread pattern is aggressive. Personally I preferred the previous R888 non R tread pattern a little more but those are hard to get anymore.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I’d say yes they do last longer, but I’ve never checked mileage to verify that. A 315/30r18 will fit your wheel perfectly. An equivalent front would be a 275/35r18. And for looks the tread pattern is aggressive. Personally I preferred the previous R888 non R tread pattern a little more but those are hard to get anymore.

+1 I'm running R888R in the front but the R888 was still available at the time so I run that in the rear since I like the pattern better lol

txrunner

Established Member
Not to hijack, but does anyone know what is the widest Toyo 888r tire I can run without rubbing on a 17x10. I do have the MM low profile bolts

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

they are ment to be DRIVEN....street or autocross makes no difference. I have ran em only on the street, love em. Will probably NEVER run a drag radial out back again. Last time I owned a drag radial was 2009

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
I'm looking as well. I run 315 30 18 and I've been pirelli pzeros and they suck imo

So the Toyo 888 are truly ok in the rain?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread