I want both - Track pack and Technology package in GT350

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
If I'm reading all of this correctly it appears that these packages are mutually exclusive, you can't have both. Why? Maybe through the evolution of the car for a few model years they would allow both. If I went with a technology package car how hard and expensive would it be to install tower brace, coolers etc?

Appreciate any insight here. I am seriously thinking about a 17 Model year and I'm starting the "savings" program now as well as how to put a lift in the third bay to house a new GT350 and my 03 Cobra Convertible.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
They won't allow you to mix up packages and it seems at this point they will not be changing that. Only thing you can't buy and slap on the car is the transmission cooler. It's integrated in the trans. To my knowledge you can add the others pretty easy.

I ended up ordering the Tech Package due to it seeing more road time than track even though it will see a significant amount of track time.

BlownAway03

Established Member
Have they released allocation info to dealers on these cars? I haven't really been keeping up completely. I may be interested in one but I'm not willing to play ADM games.

krt22

Established Member
Have they released allocation info to dealers on these cars? I haven't really been keeping up completely. I may be interested in one but I'm not willing to play ADM games.

Yes they have, all dealers should have that info and production has already started. Good luck finding one without ADM however, most of the MSRP cars have already been swooped up it seems.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I used to work for a Ford dealer. I'll give my contacts there a call. If nobody wants to deal that's fine. I'm yet to see a car that's worth more than MSRP. I'm really just ready to see the reviews and finally see and hear them in person.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I believe they put the mangaride suspension on the electronics pack for this reason. Why pay for mangaride twice? Unless your serious about tracking the car above just autocross just get the electronics pack. If you want both pay the extra 5k or whatever it is and get the R.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My advice on this would be buy the performance pack, and then spend about $800 on really great audio components, and an indash. Spend $2500 if you really want a top notch kit, it's not the money savings that I say it.

It's much easier to install a stereo than coolers, etc.

Think of it like this, a stock stereo system is heavier, crappier, and less aethetically pleasing than a custom setup. Many have paper speakers...

A nice indash with premium mids, highs, and lows will easily sound much clearer than factory, be more owner oriented (you'd literally pick all of the components) and weigh maybe 30lbs all together. Many factory decks weigh 20lbs just by themselves.

Setting up ac system accessories would be a breeze as well since the cars have space and vents already. Much like a home, since you already have ducted vents throughout, adding a compressor and running freeon lines, controls, and accessories would not require reengineer the wheel. Just tie it in to the current duct work and follow the steps. Compared to opening a transmission up, or running lines all the way to-and tapping into a diff, fuel system, etc, an ac unit is much easier.

We just got done running/fabbing diff, oil and fuel cooler's into/for my 03 cobra, it was easily 15+ (easily in the 20's to be honest) total hours of work, and a sound system install is maybe 3-5hrs if you're pretty newbie (and don't even know what a hex head is to be honest)

I can easily say a novice would have a much easier time installing a sound system vs adding coolers.

My $.02.

I hope he's right that 2017's will be double optionable.

Last edited:

Lemers

Established Member
You'll get your wish for both in 17.

I'm not too sure about that.

They are only making around 5500 each year. is the be estimate.

And the more configurations the more it costs to produce each one. I think ford has done a couple things to keep the "advertised" low.

1. Created a base trim without MAGRIDE-- even ford admits that very few will be built. But it lets them state "starting below $50k".

2. The bulk of the GT350s will be configured 1 of 2 ways. Tech or track, which will be somewhere between 60-40 split of the 2 packages. It either gets leather and upgraded stereo or oil and trans coolers. Not too many options to bog down the process; streamlining the process to keeping costs down.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
You'll get your wish for both in 17.

I hope you are right! I'm willing to pay for what I want (sticker - not some crazy ADM) with the right configuration and the right color. Hoping REDFIRE Metallic that's on my 03 Cobra makes and appearance.

Stereo Idea is an interesting one.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Unless these things end up sitting on lots - which every indication is they won't - I don't see Ford altering the program at all. As long as the dealers are moving their inventory they're not likely to push Ford to change.

I'm curious to know that the "you'll get your wish in '17" is based on. The memo I was shown WRT to allocation stated that Ford would not build GT350s during "winter" (Nov. to March is what I was told, don't know if that's "Ford official") so production is definitely going to be limited to the numbers discussed..... I can't see why there's good reason to "grant anyone's wish" with this platform.....

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Is not a "R" with the tech package the same ? I would see no reason for Ford to offer both because they would literally cut into their R sales.

Lemers

Established Member
Is not a "R" with the tech package the same ? I would see no reason for Ford to offer both because they would literally cut into their R sales.

The R has no back seats and has the CF Wheels.

These are things that would not be in a combo tech/track package. So it would be cheaper and different enough.

BlownAway03

Established Member
My advice on this would be buy the performance pack, and then spend about $800 on really great audio components, and an indash. Spend $2500 if you really want a top notch kit, it's not the money savings that I say it.

It's much easier to install a stereo than coolers, etc.

Think of it like this, a stock stereo system is heavier, crappier, and less aethetically pleasing than a custom setup. Many have paper speakers...

A nice indash with premium mids, highs, and lows will easily sound much clearer than factory, be more owner oriented (you'd literally pick all of the components) and weigh maybe 30lbs all together. Many factory decks weigh 20lbs just by themselves.

Setting up ac system accessories would be a breeze as well since the cars have space and vents already. Much like a home, since you already have ducted vents throughout, adding a compressor and running freeon lines, controls, and accessories would not require reengineer the wheel. Just tie it in to the current duct work and follow the steps. Compared to opening a transmission up, or running lines all the way to-and tapping into a diff, fuel system, etc, an ac unit is much easier.

We just got done running/fabbing diff, oil and fuel cooler's into/for my 03 cobra, it was easily 15+ (easily in the 20's to be honest) total hours of work, and a sound system install is maybe 3-5hrs if you're pretty newbie (and don't even know what a hex head is to be honest)

I can easily say a novice would have a much easier time installing a sound system vs adding coolers.

My $.02.

I hope he's right that 2017's will be double optionable.

Can you even install aftermarket stereo systems in these cars? It would probably be a pain in the ass to do it and do it right. I'd rather have the factory setups nowadays.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Can you even install aftermarket stereo systems in these cars? It would probably be a pain in the ass to do it and do it right. I'd rather have the factory setups nowadays.
Depends on if Ford includes the harness in every chassis - which I rather assume they do. If the factory harness is there it's a breeze......

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

It's an easy job unless you desperately need the steering wheel buttons to work. If you like fords touch system with my link etc, it'd be better to let a dealer handle the integration.

I'm a guy that does my own roofs, bathroom remodels to the, 2x4's, minor to major plumbing, tile flooring, etc basically I'm handy.

That said I see a sound system much easier to wire and mount in a car designed to hold speakers than installing coolers and lines to components.

Sound system requires pulling up some trim panels and tucking wiring under them/carpet... Some very basic plug/play electrical... The in dash installs take 4 screws, maybe 6.

My idea of a pain in the ass is degreeing cams with the engine in the car...

Users who are viewing this thread