IMRC DELETES AND PLENUM SPACERS SALE for 96-98 SVT's

Gecsr1

Established Member
These Billet Aluminum plates from MMR delete the factory plastic or cast aluminum IMRC (intake manifold runner control) which can cause an airflow restriction and a loss of HP along with "gunking" up the port without the injector which leads to valve guide wear, smoking and oil usage. The plates can be ported and are great for all naturally aspirated and supercharged applications with big HP gains in the upper RPM level. Direct bolt on! These incorporate all of the newest revisions including gasket alighnment holes.

DO NOT CHANCE WELDING OR EPOXYING THE STOCK IMRC HOLES, WE HAVE SEEN MANY ENGINE FAILURES FROM EPOXY BREAKING LOOSE AND WELDS BREAKING BECAUSE THEY ARE CAST ALUMINUM AND WERE NOT WELDED ON A JIG TO PREVENT WARPING! A SMALL COST NOW CAN SAVE YOU THOUSANDS LATER!!

Order Now $279.99: http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...ain_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=699

or call to order 805 383 4130

900876_.jpg

900876_001.jpg

Also ask about our 96-98 or 99-01 Plenum spacers

100771_.jpg

100771_001.jpg
with your runner delete product what about getting the veheicle smogged what happens to the control actuator wiring .?
my car is a california car amd needs to be smogged in california

please reply Thank You

Gecsr1

Established Member
This would be a question for your local tuner in regards to smog requirements. This kit deletes all actuators and wiring.
So your saying I have to reprogram the computer to get through smog or that the car will not pass smog ? Either way that's a totally useless answer .... you are amanufacturer you should be able to answer this question

Kinda disappointed with your reply ......

jgt58

Established Member
Actually it's not the responsibility of the manufacturer delete plates to see if your car will pass smog. You do have to get your car tuned to get it properly working correctly. Your tuner can turn off the check engine you will receive by installing these deletes

Sent from my LG-H900 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Gecsr1

Established Member
Actually it's not the responsibility of the manufacturer delete plates to see if your car will pass smog. You do have to get your car tuned to get it properly working correctly. Your tuner can turn off the check engine you will receive by installing these deletes

okay, just thought you would have more info.. thanks

jgt58

Established Member
Another assumption? No I know for a fact. I have deletes and yes you have to have a tuner to get the check engine light off to pass smog. It's not an assumption it's a fact. Try the search button. On the boards. It works wonders.

Gecsr1

Established Member
Another assumption? No I know for a fact. I have deletes and yes you have to have a tuner to get the check engine light off to pass smog. It's not an assumption it's a fact. Try the search button. On the boards. It works wonders.

You missed my point, anyone with a code reader can delete the code....
what happens to the wiring that went to the IMRC control , it just says unplugged . or do you leave it plugged and leave the control under the manifold and disconnect and remove the cables... also like air filters and such, do they come a approved to be smog legal....
so this is why I am asking for a comment on this from the manufacturer..
you may know what your talking about well and good... but You can not answer my question...

your saying remove the code and you are good to go, what if it in re codes, will the main computer act and react properly with the IMRC controller disconnected...

i would like my answers from the manufacturer...
thanks for your imput.

jgt58

Established Member
No a tuner is an actual person. You have to get a sct hanheld tuner and have a tune written for you to properly get the car running right as far as air/fuel ratios and whatnot. Anyone can turn off a code with a code reader but it will come right back if you don't get a new tune written for you car.

Yes the kit deletes the cables for the imrc. You simply just don't reinstall the box and cables and yes thier will be a connection that doesn't get hooked back up. It's not a big deal. If your worried about it just tape it up.

Gecsr1

Established Member
But you could call them. Also search for your answer too. This has been asked many times. MMR is an excellent company.

I have emailed them as well asking my questions, and it's been about 4 days and they have not replied... and now my posts on their thread and they have not responded to either... so that kind of makes me wonder...
and thank you, you have answered most my questions , but there are couple question that can only be answered by them....

Users who are viewing this thread