Installed a new Mac Catback

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
This is probably a topic more popular a decade ago but I decided to replace the stock catback w/ weld in delta flow 40 series flowmasters the prior owner installed. I hate hacked up exhaust and wanted a full catback. I am not a fan of most straight through mufflers, and really like the chambered sound so gave it a shot....

The good - paired to my Mac H pipe it sounds fantastic. Louder than the flows inside and outside of the car. Tone is great, no rasp and the system just sounds deeper overall. The new 3.5 inch tips are cut the same as factory Mach tips, just larger so they look good

The not so good - everyone has heard that the fit is questionable and that held true here. It took me a lot of time to get it aligned. As of now, it lined up pretty good. The right exhaust tip is hanging a shade lower than the left. Not super noticeable, but it irritates me. I need to keep working to try and get them even.

The tips also are so strong, the clamps won't crush the ends down onto the downpipes to get a good seal. I had to shim the tips and the down pipe to try and get them to hold in place and stop leaking. Verdict is still out on how successful that was.

Overall great sounding system, fit is a bit questionable and took a lot of work to get it set up. I am looking forward to getting some more miles on it and hearing it once it breaks in a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread