Installed my Corbeau FX1 Seat

Sizeth3

Established Member
Just thought I would do a quick write up on here. I have a 2013 Mustang GT Premium, and am working on weight reduction this season.

I went with the Corbeau FX1 seat, not the Pro, as I read the Pro seat is a tight fit for a 36" wasteline, which is what I am. I also went with the Corbeau single adjustable seat bracket.

I ordered from LMR, if you are thinking of buying these seats, keep in mind most places just drop ship from Corbeau, and that takes about 3 weeks to receive your seats. Very happy with the quality of the seat.

20170403_094211.jpg

I scaled everything, as I have seen several different reports. Corbeau lists the seat at 19 lbs, and it actually scaled at 18 lbs, which I was very happy with. The bracket came in right at 10 lbs, so overall 28 lbs for the seat.

I will say this seat is plenty wide for a 36" waist, to the point that I don't think the Corbea FX1 Wide seat would fit in our car, as my seat belt receiver is actually really tight against the center console.

20170403_194911.jpg

The install was really easy, my stock seat weighed in at 56 lbs, so this was an overall savings of 28 lbs.

20170403_194932.jpg

As a taller person (6'6"), I was pleasantly surprised to find that I now sit lower in the car, and have more headroom even in the upright position. This was a knock on several other seats I researched, as they actually increased your height in the car, and decreased headroom.

I do have an airbag light with the 2 ohm resistor, however after talking with my tuner, he believes it is because I did not transfer over the seat position sensor, so I will be doing that this week.

The seat made my car feel faster, which is funny to me. I don't think it is due to the weight savings, but actually because you just feel the car better through a more rigid seat?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The seat made my car feel faster, which is funny to me. I don't think it is due to the weight savings, but actually because you just feel the car better through a more rigid seat?
Without a doubt! You're feeling the connection to the road more with that rigid seat. Glad you like them!

twistedneck

Established Member
wow you are not kidding about the fitment against the seat belt. I am about to purchase a pair of Sparco Evo 2's and was thinking about the EVO 2 US version and that is showing an inch wider than your seat.

Question, why didn't you opt for the side brackets and no adjuster?

2013grabbergt

Established Member
Was your stock seat a heated power leather? I thought they weighed a bit more. I'm about to jump the gone on some Forza's to get rid of these. Was hoping for 100 pounds of reduction for both seats since some people have said the seats weigh around 70-75.

Users who are viewing this thread