Installing a built Aluminum block, Lunati cams, 3.6 LC KB and more.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Hey guys, I just got it on the dyno today for some testing. I'll post pics and vids tomorrow evening. Nothing impressive right now with #'s, just getting things set where we want them. I will say it feels like a friggen monster though.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
This is all I have right now guys. The vid isn't that good coming from an IPhone. I'll try to get something with better sound in the next couple days so you can hear the true sound.....More to come.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OboU67IrnI&feature=player_detailpage"]YouTube - ‪GT500 Idle vid‬‏[/nomedia]

:dancenana:

DMotorsports

Established Member
HOLY CRAP! I think I need a new pair of drawers. That sounds awesome.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

03 KYL

Established Member
I will say that the video does not do this car justice, in person it sounds just awesome. It just screams "don't mess with me or you'll be sorry!". Great job on the build Quade, can't wait to see what it does when the wick gets turned up a bit.:beer:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Finished!!!

Hey guys, this pass week wes a marathon week for my build. Thursday night I actually got to start it after 3 months of having my butt kicked. After adding all the fluids and priming the motor for about 30 minutes, I hit the switch and it fired right up. That really surprised me cause of the new rails and injectors have never seen fuel. Friday morning we took off to the dyno and began an 8 hour tuning secession to get this thing under control somewhat. At the end of the day we left the car with a FAT tune for the next 2 week so I can safely go out and thrash the crap out of it and somewhat break the motor in.

Final tally for the first tune: 16* timing, 16 psi boost, 11.0 a/f at WOT. This made 642 HP and 640 TQ at 5400 rpm. He shut it down there just to be safe. What impressed me more than anything was the car had 471 tq at 2000rpm and the max torque was at 5100 rpm. Horsepower wise, the line was still going straight up at 5400 so I can only guess what that would be right now. The cams are 6800 rpm cams and it's still pulling my guts out at 6500. That's where my limiter is sitting for now and that will be changed a week from Friday when I go back to get the final tune. I'm not a tuner and my understanding of all this is limited but my tuner (Lee Blankenship of Blankenship Tuning) is top notch with these Cobras. He is also the tuner that tuned POSI to a 9 sec, ported stock blower pass.

Final round of pics guys.

This is just post first start up Thursday night
EnginePics233.jpg

On the dyno and I was to nervous to video the run. A buddy of mine did though and I'll post them when I get them.
EnginePics244.jpg

The section of the exhaust between the headers and the H pipe had to be fabricated and that was something I could not do. I drove it 20 miles to the exhaust shop open headers and without a hood. Definitely, only in KY.
EnginePics255.jpg

These are the switches for the IC pump, IC fan and the line lock. FWD switch is to the pump and I wired it in the relay panel on the power side of the relay so I can control it on or it will come on when the PCM commands it, like normal. Middle swith is the IC fan. The AFT switch is a momentary switch going to my line lock.
EnginePics257.jpg

That's all the pics of the interesting stuff I had left to do. I'll post pics of the Dyno sheet and the vids of the pulls as soon as I can get them. I will try to get a better understanding of the tuning process also so you guys that know that jargon will have more insight of what the car's doing. Thanks to all you guys that had input on the build.:beer:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
I will say that the video does not do this car justice, in person it sounds just awesome. It just screams "don't mess with me or you'll be sorry!". Great job on the build Quade, can't wait to see what it does when the wick gets turned up a bit.:beer:

Jon, thanks for all your help on the build. Hopefully one day I can repay you with similar help on a build for that Terminator.:beer:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
This build has me dreaming of what I want to do down the road. But a lot further down the road.

It's been awesome following along with you during your project. Can't wait to see some videos of that monster taking off or hitting the strip.

Also looking forward and feel honored to have a zPod in that beast

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
This build has me dreaming of what I want to do down the road. But a lot further down the road.

It's been awesome following along with you during your project. Can't wait to see some videos of that monster taking off or hitting the strip.

Also looking forward and feel honored to have a zPod in that beast

Thanks Z, your work is incredible and I look forward to installing the ZPod soon. None of the pics I've seen so far comes close to the detail of the finished product. Keep up the good buisness practices Zac, that's hard to find these days.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Hey guys, sorry it's been so long since my last update. Just like the rest of you guys, I've been real busy with the family and trying to finish the car.

Got my final tune on Friday so here is the final tally for 93 oct tune.

773 HP
698 TQ
16.4 PSI
21 Degrees
70% highest fuel pump duty cycle
6600 rpm's
5100 rpm's peak TQ

I'll try to post the graph later on. At 6600 rpm the graph was still going up at the same angle, but, I'm gonna give it a couple months before I tach it to 7000. Everyone there wanted me to go ahead and crank it up to see how for it would go before the graph dipped, but I turned chicken, for now. I must say, the car is a true carnival ride now and I can stop driving it.

Thanks to 03KYL (Jon) for videoing all day for me. His terminator made some awesome power with the Posi ported blower. Also, thanks to Lee Blankenship of Blankenship Tuning and Performance for his tuning wizardry.

Thanks for all the help once again guys.:beer:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e72WHyqkq4"]YouTube - ‪Quade Beastly GT500‬‏[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Wow you can tell that thing isn't even close to being pushed at all and sounds stockish but made over 750hp lol. Great numbers and congratulations on them. Can't wait to see it run soon.

03 KYL

Established Member
It's pretty unreal the power this Quade's new setup makes without even being pushed much, it's like it's not even being worked hard! Congrats again Jammye on an awesome build & thanks for letting me be a small part of it.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread