Installing New Springs....

fearthesnake

Established Member
Finally getting back to the car and installing some small changes.

Got the Eibach Sportline springs, is it recommended to keep the Isolators on as well?

Not sure if it makes any difference other than a slight additional drop?

Thoughts?

Dinosgt

Established Member
Finally getting back to the car and installing some small changes.

Got the Eibach Sportline springs, is it recommended to keep the Isolators on as well?

Not sure if it makes any difference other than a slight additional drop?

Thoughts?

FWIW I kept mine on. Didn't want to risk additional noises in the perches.

Probably cost me a 1/16 or so in ride height though...

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fearthesnake

Established Member
Thanks for feedback. Will keep isolators, especially with Sportline spring as its supposed to be lower than ProKit anyway.

Dinosgt

Established Member
Thanks for feedback. Will keep isolators, especially with Sportline spring as its supposed to be lower than ProKit anyway.

If possible, please post some pics and measurements once you are done. Ive been thinking of switching as well from the pro kit.

I'm most concerned with degradation in ride potential. I know this isn't a Cadillac, but I don't want to have to replace a kidney.

Thx much.

fearthesnake

Established Member
If possible, please post some pics and measurements once you are done. Ive been thinking of switching as well from the pro kit.

I'm most concerned with degradation in ride potential. I know this isn't a Cadillac, but I don't want to have to replace a kidney.

Thx much.

Sure will my friend. Do you have any pics of current setup with Pro Kit springs?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I am running Ford Racing L Springs on a 14. The back dropped about 1". The front, maybe 3/8" at most. Front didn't change much.

I thought the Pro Kit dropped more than that.

Tom

Dinosgt

Established Member
I am running Ford Racing L Springs on a 14. The back dropped about 1". The front, maybe 3/8" at most. Front didn't change much.

I thought the Pro Kit dropped more than that.

Tom

I installed the pro kit and got about 13/16 in the rear and about 5/8 in the front if I remember right.

Chase_

Established Member
6309069ff6e86d837103b26bdce94592.jpg
Eibach sports^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chase_

Established Member
Looks real good Chase. Thanks for the pics.

How do you like the ride quality? You keep the isolators in or take out?

Perfect stance! How's the ride? Any rubbing issues? (it looks like you have a wider rear tire on s factory rim?)

Thanks guys, the tires are 295/35/20 Michelin PSS. Zero Rubbing. Isolators in. The ride is pretty damn stiff. I actually plan on installing some BMR drag springs here in the next week or so before TX2k. Shoot me a PM if someone would like to purchase the Eibachs (Not trying to jack thread, Sorry)

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Speaking of isolators, Energy Suspension makes a universal isolator that's very close to the OEM dimension. It's poly and doesn't distort like the factory rubber piece.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Thanks guys, the tires are 295/35/20 Michelin PSS. Zero Rubbing. Isolators in. The ride is pretty damn stiff. I actually plan on installing some BMR drag springs here in the next week or so before TX2k. Shoot me a PM if someone would like to purchase the Eibachs (Not trying to jack thread, Sorry)

That isn't encouraging. Sounds like will need to load up on Advil for any Beach road trips. The ride is already pretty stiff on these cars, coupled with the Crappy roads in S.C. makes for fun driving on long trips.

Chase_

Established Member
Well I came from a CTS-V before the GT500 so you have to take that into consideration. I also live in Houston where it feels like the entire city is constantly under construction. I rode in a friends GTR and a Gen 4 Viper recently, both felt more stiff than the Shelby (Both were lowered). People have very different tolerances though. I don't think one should be buying a GT500 if a comfortable ride is one of their biggest concerns lol

fearthesnake

Established Member
Well I came from a CTS-V before the GT500 so you have to take that into consideration. I also live in Houston where it feels like the entire city is constantly under construction. I rode in a friends GTR and a Gen 4 Viper recently, both felt more stiff than the Shelby (Both were lowered). People have very different tolerances though. I don't think one should be buying a GT500 if a comfortable ride is one of their biggest concerns lol
So true, how you like the GT500 compared to the CTS-V? and how does your car stack up to the GT-R and Vipe

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
That isn't encouraging. Sounds like will need to load up on Advil for any Beach road trips. The ride is already pretty stiff on these cars, coupled with the Crappy roads in S.C. makes for fun driving on long trips.

Ride was the primary reason I went with Ford Racing L Springs. They don't drop as much, but they are supposed to be the same rate as stock 13-14 PP springs, just lower. To me, they do feel the same but lowered. I am pleased with the change.

Tom

Chase_

Established Member
So true, how you like the GT500 compared to the CTS-V? and how does your car stack up to the GT-R and Vipe

The V2s are great DD cars and can fairly easily make ~650rwhp but I had to get rid of the auto. The bolt on GTR and I actually haven't gotten the chance to line up but the Viper is a TT UGR car so it's not even worth trying LOL

Back to the OP though, install the Sportlines and let us know how it feels in comparison to stock. I'll try to do the same with my BMR drag springs

Users who are viewing this thread