Intercooler pump

Robot_trainer

Established Member
I wanted to do a test to see if the IC pump is working. I pulled the second relay from the left and jumped the top left socket (3) and bottom right socket (5)...and...nothing. No spark no pump running. I took a test light to pin 3 and the light came on so power is there. Am I missing something or is the pump pooched? Also, I noticed no rhyme or reason is to how the relays are put in. You would think the script on the relays would all face the same way. How do you tell which pins on the relay are for the coil and which are the contact. How much of a PITA is it to change the pump? Any direct fit aftermarket one that are better than the OEM?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I wanted to do a test to see if the IC pump is working. I pulled the second relay from the left and jumped the top left socket (3) and bottom right socket (5)...and...nothing. No spark no pump running. I took a test light to pin 3 and the light came on so power is there. Am I missing something or is the pump pooched? Also, I noticed no rhyme or reason is to how the relays are put in. You would think the script on the relays would all face the same way. How do you tell which pins on the relay are for the coil and which are the contact. How much of a PITA is it to change the pump? Any direct fit aftermarket one that are better than the OEM?

I just finished an install of a 2013/14 I/C pump on my 2008 in the oem 2013/14 location. It would have been a much easier install on a 2011/12 since the have electric P/S, but it is doable on the 2007-2010 with a P/S hyd. line relocation. After that it is a smoother oem looking install with oem parts and a power jumper run to the original 2007-2012 harness pigtail in front and that can be plug and play also with the correct connectors.

Here it is installed on my 2008, after this the 2013/14 hoses are used, but I have not gotten there yet. The main concern for me was if the 2013/14 I/C pump could in fact be located in the oem location on an early car, and it can. The rest is just power wires and hoses........

001_zpsxamhwkpo.jpg

With the 2013/14 bi-pass hose in place................

003_zps9ztkevku.jpg

With the P/S reservoir also in place..........

008_zpsznrxif6b.jpg

As I mentioned before, it sure would have been an easier install on a 2011-12.

R

Users who are viewing this thread