iPhone 7 Plus to Galaxy S8+; opinions?

jrandy

Established Member
I have both a 7 plus and S8 (not plus). I've had the iPhone since launch last year, and got the S8 for about 3 months.

I find myself reaching for the iPhone more throughout the day than the S8, so I would say I give the iPhone the slight edge overall.

The main strengths for the S8 are the camera and the screen in my opinion. While I like the customization of the OS better for Android, I feel iOS is the easiest to use.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but ALL the videos I receive on my Samsung Galaxy s4 (super old I know) but they are horrible! I'm talking like Atari has better pixilation. Never ever had this problem with iPhone. I think it's b/c of Imessaging but I'm going back to AAPL and can't wait. Just gonna get a 7 plus though. I see no need for the X but it does look very impressive. Also, my memory is all taken up by "misc" on the S4 that I can't erase, files are all over the place (who even has files on a phone anyways), WAY too many different options that are disorgainzed, apps I don't want, didn't put on and can't erase etc. I love the phone, just do not like the Android OS but i've lived with it for like 4 years. Can't wait to go back to an iPhone though

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but ALL the videos I receive on my Samsung Galaxy s4 (super old I know) but they are horrible! I'm talking like Atari has better pixilation. Never ever had this problem with iPhone. I think it's b/c of Imessaging but I'm going back to AAPL and can't wait. Just gonna get a 7 plus though. I see no need for the X but it does look very impressive. Also, my memory is all taken up by "misc" on the S4 that I can't erase, files are all over the place (who even has files on a phone anyways), WAY too many different options that are disorgainzed, apps I don't want, didn't put on and can't erase etc. I love the phone, just do not like the Android OS but i've lived with it for like 4 years. Can't wait to go back to an iPhone though

Because whoever is sending them to you is sending them to you in a lower quality format.

choate

Established Member
Because whoever is sending them to you is sending them to you in a lower quality format.
It's mainly my dad and he doesn't know what he's doing lol. Just an iPhone 6 shooting deer walking under his tree stand. Or another example is a flyby of my car on a cruise. Not sure of phone but I think and iPhone. Again just looks horrible

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's mainly my dad and he doesn't know what he's doing lol. Just an iPhone 6 shooting deer walking under his tree stand. Or another example is a flyby of my car on a cruise. Not sure of phone but I think and iPhone. Again just looks horrible

Yep.

With my S8+ when sending a video, I have the option to send it at a higher or lesser quality depending on my access to the network.

choate

Established Member
Yep.

With my S8+ when sending a video, I have the option to send it at a higher or lesser quality depending on my access to the network.

What about when you receive one from an Apple user? That's what really drives me crazy about Android. With Apple, you just record a video, send and the iPhone user opens and all good. No need for all the other non-sense

choate

Established Member
Or for that matter when you review a sent video from any user? #antiAndroid. LOL

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

but how many of those 2015 Galaxys are still in service? compared to 2015 iphones.

seems like many corporate businesses have switched to using iphones for their company phones. theyre reliable and have great security.

my iphone 6S plus does everything i need it to. and much i dont. it just keeps working, flawlessly. that's all i want. i have enough bs to deal with in life. the last thing i need to be dicking around with is my phone. i see friends/family constantly messing with their phones, complaining about them not working right or freezing up. theyre never iphones. usually samsungs (rarely some other type of phone). and they always rave about how great they are when they first get them......then 6 months later its nothing but complaining lol.

the only thing that would maybe pull me away from an iphone in the future is the rising cost. theyre getting out of control.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My iPhone 6 still works solid. All day battery life and none of the TouchWiz quirks. I've said it before, I like how open Android is and all the customization it allows, but iOS nails all the small things that make it so easy to use.

Video formatting for messages being one of them.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
My iPhone 6 still works solid. All day battery life and none of the TouchWiz quirks. I've said it before, I like how open Android is and all the customization it allows, but iOS nails all the small things that make it so easy to use.

Video formatting for messages being one of them.

my mom refuses to upgrade from her problem-free iphone 5! i think they even had a recall on those. her's keeps on working just fine though.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
My Galaxy 6 Edge , has been rock solid reliable .
Not changing it up , until it dies , and then will get another Galaxy i suppose .

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
http://bgr.com/2017/09/22/iphone-8-vs-galaxy-note-8-vs-galaxy-s8-speed-test/

So guess the new phone is a genuine power house. They weren't kidding when they said it was the strongest chip ever put in a phone.

I've said it before, its gonna take qualcomm 2 years to catch up to the iphone 8.

Granted some of the performance is obviously software related and ios does not work the same way as android from what I have read, so its hard to blame qualcomm 100%.

Once apple puts gigabit capable wireless chipsets in their phones, its gonna be hard for the average consumer to justify paying basically the same price for sub par performance on an android device. You're gonna have to be a die-hard android guy unless android OS and qualcomm make some giant unexpected leaps soon. The snapdragon 835 is already on a 10nm chipset so a quantum leap probably isn't in the cards from the hardware side until they can get lower than 10nm.

thaSnipah

Established Member
just switched from iphone 7 to a Note 8.. been an iphone user my whole life. so far enjoying the android experience but there are a few features that I miss like iMessage

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
21766685_1604613249588968_4781101581617313715_n.png

Users who are viewing this thread