Is it worth going from kooks shortys to kooks long tubes? Cuterntly not running no cats

SB302

Established Member
Car curretly making 700rwhp. Debating whether or not to step up to longtubes from shorties.. has anybody lost power with Kooks shortys oner stock manifolds?

jeffs

Established Member
I'm sure you've heard this before, but usually aftermarket short headers aren't much better than stock. I'd say you'd probably gain 20-30ish with long-tubes. Whether that's worth the cost is up to you. If you're already at a pretty potent 700 at the tires, I'd keep the shorties so you can justify swapping to a turbo system Hahaha, otherwise you'd be like me, and have the headache of trying to sell your used long-tubes when you decide to go turbo.

Gruca

Established Member
I’m making 850rwhp through Kookers Super Street headers. On blower cars, the Kooks shorties still make power over stock.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jeffs

Established Member
I’m making 850rwhp through Kookers Super Street headers. On blower cars, the Kooks shorties still make power over stock.

I'd say that would be definite "no" for the op since he has them already, and they work well.

SB302

Established Member

Are you running an X or H pipe. And which brand?

GModder

Established Member
I can't speak from first hand experience, so I will throw out my opinion based on tons of research I have done. If it conflicts with other opinions, then take for what it is worth:
1. Yes, you will certainly free up more power, especially with your boosted setup. At the same time your boost will drop a bit. Not only will you gain a really good hp increase, you would be able to spin the blower a little faster just to bring the boost back to where it now is and add even more.
2. As for bang for the buck, that is your call. If you're keeping your current blower setup, I say go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread