JDM Built 5.8L Shortblocks going on sale!!!

JimIII@jdm

We just added our fully built 5.8L Shortblock to the website and for a limited time we are going to be offering a special sale price! I wanted to share here first since this is something most of you know I've been working on for a while. It took some time for the deals to go through but everything lined up and it's going to create some big time savings!

http://www.teamjdm.com/5-8l-4v-gt500-aluminum-shortblock-1200-hp-2013-2014-gt500/

JDM Engineering 5.8L 4V GT500 Built Aluminum Shortblock 1200HP

Retail $11,999.00

SALE PRICE: $9,999.00!!!! LIMITED TIME ONLY

Call 732-780-0770 to order or for help.

The JDM 5.8L built Shortblock is 1200 HP capable and comes backed with a 1 year no-detonation warranty. We focused on the weak links in the Trinity engine and improved those components so you can maximize all your power potential with out worry of a failure. With out a doubt the OEM connecting rods are a weak point, we've replaced those with a beefed up set of Manley 4340 H beams using ARP 2000 bolts. Next we focused on the bearings, as several stock 5.8L engines we disassembled had premature wear signs on the crank and main bearings due to tight clearances. We called upon Calico coating to help us pick out the best bearings and most durable coating they offer to limit friction and wear. The OEM oil pump and gears also get an upgrade. We use a 13-14 GT500 oil pump housing but we O-ring the pump to create a tighter seal to the block and install TSS billet gears inside the housing. We do offer one more option as an upgrade which is to have us install ARP timing guide pins. We've seen the stock pins shear on high HP racing applications like our Cobra Jet customers. For $299 it's a good piece of insurance if you plan to make big power or drag race the car.

JDM Engineering 5.8L Shortblock includes:

• NEW OEM Ford 5.8L aluminum engine block
  • Ford Performance Cobra Jet forged crankshaft
  • Custom Manley/JDM 5.8L 4340 forged connecting rods
  • ARP 2000 rod bolts
  • Mahle forged aluminum pistons stock compression 9.5:1
  • Mahle custom piston ring pack
  • Calico coated main and rod bearings
  • NEW OEM Ford 5.8L oil pump with billet gears
  • Professionally balanced and assembled
  • 1 Year no-detonation warranty
5.8L_TeamJDM_shortblock.jpg
Alum 5.8.png
5.8 Shortblock (4).JPG
IMG_7294.JPG

Last edited:

JimIII@jdm

Sale price not reflected on the website but will be available shortly. You can call and place your order early if needed!

JimIII

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
damn that's a killer deal, so basically 10k + shipping and I can have a built short block delivered to my door?

JimIII@jdm

Is the crank double keyed? Is the block sleeved?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We can double key the crank by request, +$80. We use the factory spray bore liner, but we can offer sleeves for $3000.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
We can double key the crank by request, +$80. We use the factory spray bore liner, but we can offer sleeves for $3000.

I plan on doing a lot of half mile and mile events once I do the engine and I want to be around 900+ whp. Do you think sleeves are necessary ?

JimIII@jdm

I plan on doing a lot of half mile and mile events once I do the engine and I want to be around 900+ whp. Do you think sleeves are necessary ?

No, the spray bore liner is very durable so I have no problem with that. Past 1200 HP or about 1050-1100 RWHP we recommend to sleeve the block.

JimIII@jdm

Are you going to make the rods, pistons, rings available separately?

Yes we are going to offer the rotating parts separately but for the moment we have a matched set of blocks and rotating kits so we are offering the sale for complete shortblocks.

Spudz

Established Member
Damn, if my car wasn't going to be in storage for another 10 months 5,000 miles away, I'd be in on this deal. I definitely want to get a built motor under the hood to make four digits safely. This is a pretty good deal...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Jim:
Good speaking to you today and I'm glad we can move forward with the project.
Deposit down today on one of these bad boys, can't wait to get the car back on the road.
I'll def keep you guys posted on the car/engine rebuild in another thread.
For now, I'll patiently wait my JDM 5.8 shortblock (maybe long block).
-J

JimIII@jdm

Jim:
Good speaking to you today and I'm glad we can move forward with the project.
Deposit down today on one of these bad boys, can't wait to get the car back on the road.
I'll def keep you guys posted on the car/engine rebuild in another thread.
For now, I'll patiently wait my JDM 5.8 shortblock (maybe long block).
-J

We're excited to get this going for you! I think you have a good plan either way you decide to go with the Longblock, we'll be in touch!

JimIII

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Shot in the dark Jim, But do you guys do any kinda of core exchange for health 5.8 blocks? So if I buy one of your built short blocks can I send you my stock short block for a discount on the new one?
also how much would a complete built long block run?

JimIII@jdm

Shot in the dark Jim, But do you guys do any kinda of core exchange for health 5.8 blocks? So if I buy one of your built short blocks can I send you my stock short block for a discount on the new one?
also how much would a complete built long block run?

We could but the core charge isn't worth as much to us as it might be on the open market. We are using new blocks with these builds, which we got a good deal on buying in a large quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread