JMS Nitrous Kit???

malibu78

Established Member
As some of you know I am looking to put N20 on my 2012 6m 3.73 GT. I am seriously considering the JMS dry kit:

1. It comes with a controller and I like the idea of the solenoid in the trunk to soften the hit.
2. My concerns are its a dry kit and it is not spraying through a plate. I have NEVER USED nitrous on a FI car. I have a ton of experience on non FI cars. I routinely spray 275 through my malibu, however, it is built for nitrous.

ANYONE USING THIS KIT? PLEASE GIVE INPUT. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A KIT? I WILL NOT SPRAY MORE THAN 125.

CharlieR

Established Member
As some of you know I am looking to put N20 on my 2012 6m 3.73 GT. I am seriously considering the JMS dry kit:

1. It comes with a controller and I like the idea of the solenoid in the trunk to soften the hit.
2. My concerns are its a dry kit and it is not spraying through a plate. I have NEVER USED nitrous on a FI car. I have a ton of experience on non FI cars. I routinely spray 275 through my malibu, however, it is built for nitrous.

ANYONE USING THIS KIT? PLEASE GIVE INPUT. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A KIT? I WILL NOT SPRAY MORE THAN 125.
I have it, actually kit #1 was made for me. Why? Because in 97 I saw a wet kit blow the intake apart on a 96 Cobra, my 97 got a dry kit and I've used dry ever since. No one had a Dry kit, I wanted N2O and just happened to be there when a dyno canceled. Although my original kit was "button activated" and didn't have the cool controller, It's there now(Controller 2.0 I'm the test piggy :)). The kit has worked flawlessly for Almost 2 years(2/11-...)the controller for a year(11/11-...). No issues ever, that's just as long as they've been on(which is longer than they've been out :))

The "softer hit" is in reference to the engine itself, not "the hit". When you hear the solenoid click it will seem instant to you(850+ psi moves 12 feet fast).

The kit doesn't use a plate correct, but it uses the injectors(the tune and O2 sensors) to add the fuel so you don't need the plate(or a nozzle) to "mix" fuel and n2o. I run the .052 jet, it also comes with a .063 jet which has been tested on my car also, (EDIT: On my set-up w/-6 degrees from stock)same tune can swap between the 2 jets(thanks, I'm sure, in part to the wideband O2 sensors). But I'm happy with the .052. :)

2011 Base auto Gt.
Circle D 3c converter(3600-3800 stall)
JMS Dry N2O kit(.052-100 jet) and tune
265/40/18 Mickey Thompson ET street II's on stock type American Muscle 18x10's(was in MMFF, April 2012)
Best 1/4- 10.98@127 w/ 1.57 60' and 7.09@101(crappy track)
Settings were: Window= 3500-6900rpm, progressive=-70%, ramp up=1.25 seconds to 100%

Best time 1/8- 6.81@100 w/ 1.466 60'
same as above mods,
settings were:Window=3500-6900rpm, Progressive=-30%, ramp up=.5 seconds to 100%

I've mostly run 1/8th mile(local street car races) but these are expanding to a couple 1/4 mile tracks.

If anyone has any specific questions on this kit I will try to answer them.

Last edited:

KidMoney

Established Member
The JMS kit looks sweet. Get it. I have heard nothing but good things about that kit. Dry kits are awesome.

CharlieR

Established Member
are you running the same tune when not spraying?
When @ the street races that require a 20+ mile cruise I have, but usually not.

Do they have chips for these cars yet so we can just hit the switch instead of loading a new tune?
As far as I know there are no, and no plans to ever be "chips" for these cars. But Yea, loved the 10 second tune changing on my older stangs.

pohnjarker

Established Member
ive been looking at this for a while myself.

I will be putting on the Paxton kit next month while on leave and getting it tuned, either on a local dyno or with Shaun at AED.

regardless, im guessing i will need a separate tune for the car in general with SC and then a different tune with the N2o kit correct?

stang8psi

Established Member
^ you shouldn't need nitrous on your car with the paxton kit! If your motor is not built the n2o is a big waste of money, and the paxton is capable of producing enough power for your cars motor.. why the nitrous ?

CharlieR

Established Member
^ you shouldn't need nitrous on your car with the paxton kit! If your motor is not built the n2o is a big waste of money, and the paxton is capable of producing enough power for your cars motor.. why the nitrous ?
This. And I doubt our stock fuel system is good for even a base paxton and a shot. More boost, if the fuel system/ engine can handle it, would be easier.

CharlieR

Established Member
What if no sound tube provision how would you mount the feed line?
It doesn't have to run through there, It just worked out good that way.

The same way, just put wire wrap on it.
This. Remember N2O is under pressure and although there is no restrictions in the line, it can move(think of a high pressure fire hose flopping around) if it is not "mounted"(tie wraps work fine)

oneboredguy

Established Member
I don't have much experience with nitrous but do dry kits use a nozzle then or what since they don't have a plate?

CharlieR

Established Member
I don't have much experience with nitrous but do dry kits use a nozzle then or what since they don't have a plate?
Some do, but on this kit there is no nozzle, line goes into intake tract. I don't use a nozzle, it doesn't come with one, but I have seen where one was left from a wet kit and the JMS line was run to it(Plastic line replaced with the line from old wet kit, fuel side capped off). I'm not a flow engineer so I don't know if/what issues or benefits the nozzle had(other than being there).

pohnjarker

Established Member
ive been looking at this for a while myself.

I will be putting on the Paxton kit next month while on leave and getting it tuned, either on a local dyno or with Shaun at AED.

regardless, im guessing i will need a separate tune for the car in general with SC and then a different tune with the N2o kit correct?

This. And I doubt our stock fuel system is good for even a base paxton and a shot. More boost, if the fuel system/ engine can handle it, would be easier.

lol...well im glad i came in here to ask since you guys know more about my situation than i do...thanks for the heads up.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
My buddy is one of the big guys at Wilson / Nitrous Pro Flow. He recommends a plate kit for every car EXCEPT a new 5.0. Apparently according to him the front two cylinders get bi-passed with a plate and it is maybe not as safe. I run a nozzle and am very happy with it. First time at the track with this setup with only 4 runs of dial in time and heavy ass aftermarket front wheels I went 11.14 @ 126mph with only a 1.7 60ft.

Users who are viewing this thread