Just Installed a WOT BOX, getting dashes on odometer

SBVERT03

Established Member
Hey guys,

I just got my WOTbox installed and took it for a test run. The WOT shifting is working, but the 2-step is not. I'm guessing I didn't do a good job on the yellow WOTbox wire connection.

However, what I'm more concerned about is that after making a couple WOT shifts I noticed that my odometer stopped displaying mileage and instead was dashes. The car seemed to run fine other than that. Has anybody else had this problem? Any ideas on what could have caused this? I'm guessing maybe a bad connection somewhere?

Thanks

SBVERT03

Established Member
Just made the sure the yellow wire was soldered in good. Still can't get the 2 step to work. Anybody have any suggestions? I haven't messed with the program on the computer yet, not sure if that would help.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Just did the setup on the computer and it works now! Thanks man. Gonna take it for a drive later and hopefully the dashes on the odometer don't show up. Still not sure what that's about.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yeah i remember mine working pretty funky until I hooked it up to the laptop and updated it and what not. Hopefully you were careful when wiring into the harness.

SBVERT03

Established Member
I tried to do everything as carefully as possible. I'm not really sure what the heck is going on right now. I took it for a drive this evening and after a couple minutes the odometer went to dashes. I restarted the car when I came to a stop and the dashes were gone. A couple minutes later the dashes were back.

I stopped and got gas, then headed back home. Once again the dashes came back on after driving for a few minutes, and this time the speedometer went to zero too. I also noticed on my aeroforce gauge that my battery voltage dropped to 4.4 randomly a couple times. I restarted the car and the dashes went away but the speedometer still didn't work.

Anybody have any ideas what could be the culprit? Also, does the bolt on top of the c133 connector screw in? Mine is currently just spinning and I can't remember if it was like that before I took the little cover off during the install.

Thanks guys

SBVERT03

Established Member
Also, I noticed that the fan is running when I first start the car. So I'm guessing I've screwed up my pcm somehow. I plugged in my sct tuner to check for codes but none were thrown.

SBVERT03

Established Member
I went and checked the pcm ground and as I was inspecting it the ring terminal came off the wire. So I thought for sure that was my problem. Just crimped on a new ring and still the same issues. Speedometer doesn't work at all, dashes on the odometer after driving for about 5 minutes. I'm at a loss

SBVERT03

Established Member
Here's what I mean about the bolt. Not sure if it's stripped or what. Does the same thing whether it's being tightened or loosened. It just keeps spinning. I have no idea if this could be contributing to my problem at all or not, but it is bothering me. Lol

SBVERT03

Established Member
Looked at it again today, still can't figure it out

D-MANN

Established Member
I would uninstall the wot box and see if the problem is gone. Give the company a call and see if they can trouble shoot it for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SBVERT03

Established Member
Yeah I might have to do that. Unfortunately I followed n2mb's directions and soldered my connections. I can't figure this dang thing out. I've checked all of the grounds and connectors. The box itself works great. My speedometer will sweep when I go into diagnostic mode, but doesn't budge when I drive the car.

SBVERT03

Established Member
I talked to n2mb and sent them some screenshots of the software on my car. They confirmed it's not a problem with the box and that it is functioning correctly, so they said that it is possibly an issue with a connector from the install. Unfortunately I just looked at all of them AGAIN and don't see any issues.

CobraLucci

LEO
Established Member
im pretty sure it has to do with that connector and the bolt that keeps spinning. A couple years back on my old cobra i pulled the motor and didnt install that connector right and had weird issues. Another member heare also had a similar issue and it was the same connector. I would remove it altogether and run a thread chaser in there and try to restore the threads.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I would remove it altogether and run a thread chaser in there and try to restore the threads.

My guess would be that whatever holds the nut in place has failed and thats why it just spins. Same kinda thing happens to the stud on the fuse box, the plastic holder in the box snaps so the stud just spins when you try to take the nut off/put it back on

SBVERT03

Established Member
Hey guys, been super busy the last few months and the car has just been sitting. Going to look at it again this weekend and try to figure out how to remove that bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread