Justin wheeler group buy 200 amp alternator

Hunter_M_

Established Member
Got an update for everyone that has not yet received their alternator... This is from Justin via Facebook Messaging.

"Would you mind relaying to anybody that is not received an alternator yet that their alternator is going out this afternoon and they will see it middle to end of next week depending where they are?

I apologize for the delay, backorders on my Regulators are not typical. And I appreciate everybody for being patient with me. I back ordered my supplier on rotors before, but I've never back ordered them on the specialty Regulators. I guess that means I'm doing pretty good."

CobraLov3r

Established Member
Installed my Wheeler alternator a couple weeks ago and it is working beautifully. Will be doing the wiring upgrade as well when I have a free day. Anyone interested in how-to on the wiring upgrade, Danny Johnson has a great video on his youtube channel of a step by step process for people like myself who haven't done one before.

Hunter_M_

Established Member
Got my wheeler alternator in today, and to my surprise, there is not a pulley on it... I wish I had known that these were coming without pulleys, and I'm sure Mr. Wheeler is assuming we can just pull our pulleys off of our old alternators and use it, but I don't have my old one as I returned it to oreilly's after burning up 3 of them back-to-back-to-back and just getting my money back to purchase this one.. I guess I'm just a little frustrated that I wasn't aware these would be coming without pulleys. It is what it is.

My car has been on ramps going on 25 days. Is there anyone here that has their old unit that I could steal their pulley off of or have one laying around? I'll PayPal money over for one.

03sonicblu

going 4 broke
Established Member
how/where does his wiring upgrade instal?
I see its 1-ground and 2 power
does the ground go where the factory ground is (eng mount to frame?)
what about the ground from battery?
power leads in kit...there are 2..

thanks!

IllCobra

Established Member
how/where does his wiring upgrade instal?
I see its 1-ground and 2 power
does the ground go where the factory ground is (eng mount to frame?)
what about the ground from battery?
power leads in kit...there are 2..

thanks!
I did the big 4 and have it wired as follows:
1. 0AWG from alternator positve to battery positve
2. 0AWG from battery negative to frame
3. 0AWG from engine to frame (replaced the thin stock wire)
4. 0AWG from back of alternator to battery negative

04torchred

Established Member
Sorry for the old thread bump.

How are these alternators holding up for everyone? In the process of ordering an alternator myself and thinking this or Nations with the external regulator. If these are holding up to the heat its a cleaner install.

Soap

Established Member
I did the big 4 and have it wired as follows:
1. 0AWG from alternator positve to battery positve

That is wrong. Alternator positive should go to the power distribution box.

From battery positive there is a short cable to the power distribution box and another cable down to the starter.

--Joe

03sonicblu

going 4 broke
Established Member
That is wrong. Alternator positive should go to the power distribution box.

From battery positive there is a short cable to the power distribution box and another cable down to the starter.

--Joe

so it should be more like a big 5 lol
0g from alt positive to junction box and then from junction box to batt positive?

Users who are viewing this thread