Kenwood Head Unit Issue

Hunter_M_

Established Member
Hey, guys, I'm posting this in hopes that someone has come across this issue before. I just installed a Kenwood DDX374BT in my Cobra and I am very pleased with it, but I am having one issue with the spotify app...

When connected with a USB, the Spotify app works. I'm able to utilize the buttons on the head unit and album artwork is displayed.

When I use the Bluetooth option and try to connect to Spotify, it plays music like it's connected, but it shows "connecting" on the head unit and never fully connects. I am not able to change songs through the head unit's display, nor does it show what song is playing or the album artwork.

Anyone ever run across this? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9034.JPG
    IMG_9034.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 150

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Hey, guys, I'm posting this in hopes that someone has come across this issue before. I just installed a Kenwood DDX374BT in my Cobra and I am very pleased with it, but I am having one issue with the spotify app...

When connected with a USB, the Spotify app works. I'm able to utilize the buttons on the head unit and album artwork is displayed.

When I use the Bluetooth option and try to connect to Spotify, it plays music like it's connected, but it shows "connecting" on the head unit and never fully connects. I am not able to change songs through the head unit's display, nor does it show what song is playing or the album artwork.

Anyone ever run across this? Thanks!

I have a DNX891 and have had similar issues.
Go on the Kenwood site and see if your radio has any updates. They are installed on the radio via a USB stick.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
My pioneer Bluetooth receiver does the same thing now with my new (ish) galaxy 7 and spotify. My galaxy before this one never had that issue. I think it's the phone software, not the head unit.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My pioneer Bluetooth receiver does the same thing now with my new (ish) galaxy 7 and spotify. My galaxy before this one never had that issue. I think it's the phone software, not the head unit.

Did you look on the Pioneer site for updates? Many times they fix the connectivity issues with updates.

Users who are viewing this thread