Koni Struts w/ CC Plates

paulyboy928

Established Member
Searched around a little bit but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm planning on upgrading the struts to konis with cc plates but wasn't sure what 'year' struts and CC plates I need to get.

I know a lot of the 11-14 guys go for the 05-10 struts w/gt500 strut mounts but wasn't sure if the same rule applied to the cc plates or not.

So basically what I'm asking is should I get 11-14 struts and cc plates or the 05-10 struts and cc plates.

Thanks, fellas

Gruca

Established Member
If you're not set on the GT500 mounts, you can get 11-14 shocks and struts and just get one of the caster camber plate setups and be good. I have the J&M setup, which a bolt stripped on, but they sent me new bolts and plates really quick.

If you are doing those and still have stock springs, mine as well put a set of those on too. I had the BMRs and they were really low. The rear bottomed out all the time. I switched to Steeda sports and I couldn't be happier (no offense BMR, the rest of my suspension is your stuff..)

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
People were using the GT500 mounts so they could use the 05-10 style struts on later model cars. Now that 11-14 specific struts are available I would suggest skipping the GT500 mounts and just getting the later model struts and CC plates.

This is what MM offers:
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Mustang-Caster-Camber-Plates-2011-2014-P1400.aspx
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/K...011-2014-Mustang-Single-Adjustable-P1454.aspx
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/S...ing-hardware-kit-2005-2014-Mustang-P1360.aspx

paulyboy928

Established Member
Yeah, that's what I figured, just wanted to get another opinion.

I'm currently on BMR sp009s so I'll switch those over. I wish the 11-14 struts weren't more expensive but oh well.

Thanks for the help!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
image.png
Go for coilovers - you can run more spring rate up front ( which these cars need desperately ) and fine tune your ride height. I'm running Koni yellow coilovers all around with 450/250 lb springs front/rear. Much better handling than a typical strut/spring setup without sacrificing ride quality.

Nadmeister

Established Member
On my 2012 I did 11-14 Koni yellows and the steeda hd upper strut mounts. They give just a little camber adjustment, but they fit fine. The 2010 strut mounts aren't needed anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenscobie86

Established Member
11-14 Koni Yellows with American Muscle Springs and Maximum Motorsports Camber plates. I am pretty happy with the setup.

Users who are viewing this thread