Kooks vs American racing headers

milktasd2

Established Member
posted over since there are more terminators with these headers.

Now everybody always lumps the kooks and arh headers in one category when comparing to other headers. My question is there a power difference between the mid length kooks and full length arh? Or is it just a question of which is cheaper? Looking to upgrade from my bbk 1 5/8 when I pull the motor to some 1 7/8.

milktasd2

Established Member
Maybe that was the old design kooks? I just saw where people where calling them mid length headers and the arh full length.

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
I think everyone lumps them together because they are the top tier for headers in fit, form, and function. Ive never run Kooks as I have the ARH's but I wouldn't hesitate to run either of them. I have the ARH 1-3/4 with 3 inch collector and its a nice header. No idea on performance gains, but the car sounds great with their matching midpipe and a magnaflow CB. The idea to run longtubes in a bigger diameter is to drop psi so essentially more boost can then be run as you are relieving backpressure.

lucheski

Established Member
I've had both, ARH on former Cobra and Kooks on current...asside from minor differences in the flanges they are both top notch. I've got pics of Kooks and ARH header side by side

50E1D621-orig_zps732a9942.jpg

53FACA1D-orig_zps7690f759.jpg

KOOKs TOP ARH Bottom....both 1-3/4 x3in

GodStang

Established Member
Both are top notch. I have run different sets of Kooks over the past 12 years. The only make LTs. Great exhaust.

badmpg03

Established Member
Has anyone run the 1 7/8 ARH or Kooks side by side in regards to ground clearance. It would be my deciding factory as both are great quality.

I have 1 5/8Kooks now and they are great but wanting to go bigger with new bigger blower.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Kook's appear more oval port while the ARH's look more rectangular port. How do they both match up to the exhaust ports of the heads?

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Has anyone run the 1 7/8 ARH or Kooks side by side in regards to ground clearance. It would be my deciding factory as both are great quality.

I have 1 5/8Kooks now and they are great but wanting to go bigger with new bigger blower.

My buddy and I just put the ARH 1 7/8ths on his car and they tuck up really well. Either his cats or mufflers will be lower than the collector.

milktasd2

Established Member
Gonna be a while for that. About to pull the motor off to be built for boost and gonna paint the car while I'm at it. Still need to send the t56 off I got to have it inspected to be sure it's good and get the rest of my fuel system. If I'm lucky it will be this fall in time for cruising the coast, otherwise just whenever it's done. Lol

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I know you already purchased your headers, but just thought these pictures would help anyone in the future that may reference this thread.
These are ARH 1 7/8ths w/ 3" collector to catted midpipe and 3"Bassani catback.
They tuck up very well. The pictures are a little blurry, I didn't realize that till after.

ATTACH]
IMAG0547_zpsvjnuorj0.jpg

IMAG0548_zps51mztjau.jpg

IMAG0549_zpsrdnhqm73.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0547_zpsvjnuorj0.jpg
    IMAG0547_zpsvjnuorj0.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 47

KingDing

Established Member
Does anyone know of a active ARH Vendor on the forums? Im looking for a Good price on a set of 1 3/4 with 3'' collectors. Also want a x pipe that necks down to 2.5 for my bassani cb.

TRBO VNM

I prefer the kooks over he ARH for easier install. Mainly mounting to the heads is easier with the Kooks. You do need to remove the steering shaft but that isn't a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread