Kooks vs American racing headers

badmpg03

Established Member
I know you already purchased your headers, but just thought these pictures would help anyone in the future that may reference this thread.
These are ARH 1 7/8ths w/ 3" collector to catted midpipe and 3"Bassani catback.
They tuck up very well. The pictures are a little blurry, I didn't realize that till after.

Thanks for the pic and response, this is what I wanted to hear and have been looking for.

Your setup is the same I was looking at, do you have any sound clips by chance? :)

Acunamatata

Established Member
I think everyone lumps them together because they are the top tier for headers in fit, form, and function. Ive never run Kooks as I have the ARH's but I wouldn't hesitate to run either of them. I have the ARH 1-3/4 with 3 inch collector and its a nice header. No idea on performance gains, but the car sounds great with their matching midpipe and a magnaflow CB. The idea to run longtubes in a bigger diameter is to drop psi so essentially more boost can then be run as you are relieving backpressure.
Make a video pls

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Thanks for the pic and response, this is what I wanted to hear and have been looking for.

Your setup is the same I was looking at, do you have any sound clips by chance? :)

It's my buddy's car. Mine isn't installed just yet. However, he did sent me a short clip, so I'll upload that either tonight or tomorrow.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Has anyone installed either of these headers/sizes while running k-member spacers? Any clearance issues with the steering shaft or any other components?

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
It is actually pretty docile whenever I am just cruising. It is whenever I get into it that it really wakes up, and barks at people.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I have more pictures of clearance now that I just did my own longtubes.

These are ARH 1 & 7/8 with 3" collector.

IMAG0622_zpshyrmkyra.jpg

IMAG0621_zpsh78t0oob.jpg

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread