L&M intake cam numbers?

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I would verify they are installed correctly and make sure the car is timed correctly before assuming you have the wrong parts. I know this can be frustrating but be patient and everything will work out. Are you able to pull the front cover and verify timing?

The thing that makes me feel the installation is correct is that with my old FlexFuel tune the car starts, runs, idles, and pulls fine. Wouldn't a hardware issue be constant across the board?

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
And yes it is frustrating. I am chilling on it for a while but my brain injury and PTSD make things difficult. I want to drive it off a cliff Thelma and Louis style lmao

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I'm tracking with you know, I missed that part. Did you go WOT on old tune and see if your car lost power up top?

Are the cams you installed that much more aggressive over stock? I know there are differences but I didn't think they were that aggressive. Has Shaun sent you another tune to try out? I'd try to dial in what's in the car and verify power on the dyno. Good news is you have one of the best tuners helping you, you guys will get it lined out soon enough. Best of luck

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Here is another option. The cams are correct, these stock manifolds really are shit, and when the TiVCT is modified the restriction makes the car fall on its face, like the manifolds are maxed out.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
The manifold theory is a long shot. While headers would make more power, there are several guys pushing over 700 on stock manifolds with blowers.

I would try to revise the tune and if that doesn't work then start taking it apart and verifying everything.

I'm done now cluttering up your thread, hopefully someone can chime in on here and give you some good Info.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Are the cams you installed that much more aggressive over stock? I know there are differences but I didn't think they were that aggressive. Has Shaun sent you another tune to try out? I'd try to dial in what's in the car and verify power on the dyno. Good news is you have one of the best tuners helping you, you guys will get it lined out soon enough. Best of luck

The baby cobra jet exhaust cams are aggressive, and suffer losses in parts of the powerband as a result. Shaun and I are working on it, and I have total faith in his work. I am trying to not mention Shaun because none of this is on him. Worst case scenario we just tune for the L&M intake cams, but that is the point where I sell the car. I want a fast NA car, and I can afford a GT350 when I graduate college and start bringing in disability checks.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I emailed Shaun again, and he says this happened to people before. Ford Racing advertised the 11mm/290dur exhaust cams as a certain part number, but that part number was actually for the cheap boss302 cams.

I cant even get mad at the guy who sold them to me, because he sold them to me as the correct part number (they were just the wrong cams on most advertisements). I am going to dial it in next week for the intake cams only, and head to the dyno for one pull to see where I am at.

Last edited:

BlackStripes

Established Member
If I lived close to a cliff, i'd have pushed my car several times off that cliff :) ... I am glad I didn't.
Everything can get fixed at the end. Anyway, I thought that the Boss exhaust cams won't fit the GT head, that actually needs some machining work... hopefully is just tunning

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
These L&M cams are good, I loaded the new base tune. It feels like I have my old flexfuel/E85 power on pump gas right now, maybe a tad more than that actually. Its a decent upgrade, and nothing to shake a stick at I suppose!

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
UPDATE: I was on the fence about my exhaust being louder after this setup. My wife and neighbors commented that it is louder a few times. I went through the drive through at McDonald's this morning, and the difference is amazing.

I had to talk over the exhaust to communicate with a drive through worker for the first time ever. Whatever exhaust cams are I wound up with, they did something significant. I am pretty content with the results after confirming the exhaust is louder, and seeing the new pull capacity from the intake cams. I can now say it was all worth the install price.

Also, I picked up one more MPG during my city driving. I think someone else commeneted about this in a different post.

Shaun@AED

The last tune I sent was for the L&M intake and Boss exhaust cams (263 duration). Looks like you did not get the 290 versions, which IMO is how I would advise others to go. I have the same setup on my 2016 and the car runs extremely well. It may not be the highest peak HP camshaft setup, but average power throughout the power curve cannot be beat.

It's also a perfect setup for boost and nitrous.

Efficiency and added power without compromise is how I designed these intake cams to perform. Adding an overy large exhaust cam adds peak HP while compromising low/midrange power, which is why I did not design an exhaust camshaft. The goal was no compromise on low/mid range power or drivability while adding power as RPM increases.

Last edited:

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
but average power throughout the power curve cannot be beat. Adding an overy large exhaust cam adds peak HP while compromising low/midrange power.

I think the last base tune you sent set a lot of things straight. I had the opportunity to step away from my business midterms today, and drive the car around on the street and freeway. I think we have a good setup now. I feel like killing any more power down low would make the car impractical as a daily driver.

I am very a very critical person, but I am now happy with what I have.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
God damn this thing runs like a raped ape on bath salts. I am waiting on a deposit or two to come through in the next week before planning the dyno session.

Attachments

• Wilma_1.jpg
    Wilma_1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 285

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Sharp looking car, why do you have different front and rear wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread