Latest Drivetrain and Horsepower Speculation?

conceptmachine

Established Member
I couldnt get the money out of my pocket fast enough for:
Boss 429 ( i know - not happening)
slower for TT V8
I'll likely wait and see what the competition brings if its a supercharged car... unless its 810+hp.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
There's some interesting guesses in here. I have a feeling that the car will sell very well, but I also think it will strengthen the market for some of the older SVTs.

This is definitely the most interesting piece of info in this thread. It screams to me that either there will be no manual option or Ford is stuffing a eco V6 in it. Or maybe both. Never wanted to be more wrong in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
Is there a ford manual that is rated 770+hp, 700 torque? If so, id say a manual trans is coming as well. If not, maybe DCT only? I can see them only wanting to invest in one.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I've been saying TT 5.0 since day 1. This article is rather interesting and after reading it, I think it lends well towards my belief.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/1709-inside-look-at-the-new-2018-coyote-block/

Didn't see anything earth shattering regarding the new Coyote block other than having a plasma arch cylinder coating which is not a welcome development for anyone who wants to rebuild the block. I wonder how it stacks-up against the 4.6 3V blocks ability to hold hp? Are the Coyote engines holding-up well at the 1000 hp level? My understanding is they've had their share of issues and have gone thru several revision to correct problems encountered with blocks failing.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Didn't see anything earth shattering regarding the new Coyote block other than having a plasma arch cylinder coating which is not a welcome development for anyone who wants to rebuild the block. I wonder how it stacks-up against the 4.6 3V blocks ability to hold hp? Are the Coyote engines holding-up well at the 1000 hp level? My understanding is they've had their share of issues and have gone thru several revision to correct problems encountered with blocks failing.

The plasma liner is fine until you screw it up. A sleeved engine would be screwed up too under the same circumstances.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The plasma liner is fine until you screw it up. A sleeved engine would be screwed up too under the same circumstances.

True statement until after something goes wrong. A sleeved block can be serviced fairly easily. Not so much with a plasma coated one which will need to resort to very expensive sleeves to salvage it while weakening the bores in the process. I would be very reluctant buying a used sleeveless block of any kind.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
True statement until after something goes wrong. A sleeved block can be serviced fairly easily. Not so much with a plasma coated one which will need to resort to very expensive sleeves to salvage it while weakening the bores in the process. I would be very reluctant buying a used sleeveless block of any kind.

Eh, you just bore it and sleeve it. Same thing would have to be done to a sleeved block too. In reality, these blocks will be produced in such numbers that it will be cheaper to throw away the broke one and buy a new one; rather than do all the machine work to fix it. The same is pretty much true of the current sleeved blocks.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
@SID297 Was Ford planning on revealing earlier till news of the Demon broke out? Then decided to change some things? If you can tell if not no worries.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
@SID297 Was Ford planning on revealing earlier till news of the Demon broke out? Then decided to change some things? If you can tell if not no worries.

Don't know their timeline, but they don't scrap a plan just because Brand X comes out with something new. SVT sets goals (and other cars as benchmarks) and then works towards them. The only time I can remember them just shit-canning a program for performance reasons was the 2002 Cobra. That engine was program was designed by someone who spent too much time in math class and with his fluid dynamics software, and not actually driving cars.

Also, the Demon is such a low production niche car that it would be like Chevy going back to the drawing board on the C6 Vette because the Ford GT dropped in 2005.

CO Mack

Established Member
Low mount TT 5.2 CPC.

(My original guess was a 3.5 EB tuned between the Raptor and FGT but I'd be surprised, even though I loved the motor in my Raptor.

TERMN8U

Established Member
Thank you for he info. :) I am literally going to my dealer on Saturday and handing him this for a deposit if you can give us all one more piece of the details that will make us all throw down for this car in advance.... you know Ford wants you too.

Attachments

• IMG_2258.JPG
    IMG_2258.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 142

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Don't know their timeline, but they don't scrap a plan just because Brand X comes out with something new. SVT sets goals (and other cars as benchmarks) and then works towards them. The only time I can remember them just shit-canning a program for performance reasons was the 2002 Cobra. That engine was program was designed by someone who spent too much time in math class and with his fluid dynamics software, and not actually driving cars.

Also, the Demon is such a low production niche car that it would be like Chevy going back to the drawing board on the C6 Vette because the Ford GT dropped in 2005.

Thanks for the info. Yeah John Colleti’s quote in Iron Fist Lead Foot had me rolling when he drove what was supposed to be the 2002 Cobra.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford just needs to let the cat out of the bag already. Chevy wouldn't do this to thier consumers.

Users who are viewing this thread