Latest Drivetrain and Horsepower Speculation?

conceptmachine

Established Member
Alll around fast car.
Wondering what the chance is that ford would offer two options, either a Drag pack or a Track pack. It would be nice to see them offer specific people their bag. I choose track pack, but I know there are a lot of guys that would gobble up the drag, especially if it took off .5 seconds!

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Small displacement Ecoboost V8 (4.8L or less), big revs
680+ HP
6-speed manual standard, 7-speed DCT optional, no torque converter auto on a top dog Mustang
Torsen LSD

Sent from my STV100-1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
4.8 would be a tremendous fail and be a no sale for me. I don't give a crap how much hp from the factory, potential with upgrades would fall way short of competition.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends on the tire and traction control but yes 1000hp should trap better than 800hp and have much greater potential with a prepped track on competition rubber.
We've already seen one OEM have DRs and I'd personally love a return of the Drag Pak option from the past.
-J

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
If we were to get a 4.8, I would have to think it would need to be twin turbo. GM is supposed to have a new 6.2L DOHC that is going in the Vette, and likely the Camaro. It's rumored that Dodge will offer the non race tune Demon engine to their lineup. Who knows if the latter will wind up in a lighter vehicle. I just don't think a S/C 4.8 will be able to hang with the competition mod for mod.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ecoboost refers to turbos. Typically, boost/boosted = turbo, blown/blower = supercharger.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Ecoboost refers to turbos. Typically, boost/boosted = turbo, blown/blower = supercharger.

160010ed2973bda9591ea18269d6e046.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread