Lean after boost mod?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Has anyone else done the boost mod to their Eaton and found the A/F was leaner afterwards? I datalogged tonight and found my A/F had drifted into the low 12's. Before is was 11.5-11.7. I also did some timing adjustments before doing the mod. But that was mostly to have one set timing across the range.

My FPDC topped out at 82% and I added some fuel. I'll be doing another log in a little bit.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
For some reason I was always advised not to do the "boost mod".

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you getting zero boost drop off now? Maybe you had some before doing the mod? And now it's not dropping off causing the a/f to be leaner?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Are you getting zero boost drop off now? Maybe you had some before doing the mod? And now it's not dropping off causing the a/f to be leaner?
To be honest I couldn't tell you. My stock gauge is pegged from the smaller blower pulley. And I don't usually watch the boost level on the Aeroforce when I'm in it.

I had a couple thoughts last night before falling asleep. I think it's a combination of things I'm seeing. Initially I had my timing ramped in and I changed it to be one value across the board. So that's probably why I saw it leaning out on the lower in. Then the top end is it holding boost better.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread