Left side wheel sticks out further then right side.

MagneticStang16

I was wondering if anyone else had a issue with driver side rear wheel sticking out further then passenger side after wheel/tire upgrade?

I just recently upgraded my wheels wheels and the problem is in back. I went from stock pp pack wheels to 11" rims and 315/35R20. My car is lowered 1", everything else fits great. The driver side pokes out 1/2 inch, passenger side pretty much flush. Please help..

Recon

Established Member
The lowering springs is your problem. When you lower the car the geometry of the rear end changes. Get a double adjustable panhard bar. It'll correct the problem and get the rear centered. I had the same problem when I did lowering springs.

Recon

Established Member
Sorry for some reason I thought it was an S197. To my knowledge the IRS doesn't have a panhard bar.

MagneticStang16

Oh it's ok, searched internet, read multiple posts about same issue with cars with live axles and the panhard solved the issue. Came up empty with cars with independent suspension. I'm at a loss right now.

MagneticStang16

Think it might be a camber issue, I put a flat piece of wood flat on ground against tire sticking out, wood touches top and bottom rubber on tire. On other side theres a 1/2 gap at top between rubber and wood. And have to move wood inward to touch top of tire then gap at bottom of wood.

Flippmode

Lifes too short to drive boring cars!
Established Member
I had the same issue on my 2015 PP.The S550's subframe mounting holes are very large compared to the subframe mounting bolts. Since there is a large difference in bolt and hole size, the subframe can be mis-aligned from the factory up to 1/2" left to right.You need pick up steeda IRS subframe aligment kit.

Users who are viewing this thread