Legal advise on truck theft

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
well they found my truck!!:) the tail gate, rear bumper, side steps, interior lights, rear cab light and a XD40 all gone. he did some damage to the seats and body. he left some stuff on the truck where he could have made some good money from. he also left me a needle with a baggy of heroin in it lol. lucky for me he was a heroin addict and not a cartel lol. the insurance company cut me a check for the damage and with a clean title.
learned a lot from this experience and for those fellow F series owners get as many anti theft devices you can, I got the viper alarm, gps, remote start, revalco and a custom made steering column lock. if a thief wants your truck hes going to get it but atleast make it hard for them.

you left a gun in your truck that was going to be parked for 2 weeks??

what you should also learn is to increase your insurance coverage to cover the modifications and if that's not possible/feasible, maybe buy a beater car to leave at work while youre gone and leave the truck secured at home since you now know you are on your own if something happens to it.

heck, if youre going to be gone for weeks at a time, get a ride to work or take an uber. its like an airport parking lot (long term parking). car thieves know that people are going to be gone for a while and theyre just prime locations for stealing cars/parts.

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
Glad you got it back, but how does this go nearly 4 months and they had not cut you a check for the whole truck months ago?
the truck was revered in November. it was also taking long due to the insurance company needing the police report finalized before releasing the claim and due to the overwhelming theft going on lately in south texas the police department was/is behind.

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
you left a gun in your truck that was going to be parked for 2 weeks??

what you should also learn is to increase your insurance coverage to cover the modifications and if that's not possible/feasible, maybe buy a beater car to leave at work while youre gone and leave the truck secured at home since you now know you are on your own if something happens to it.

heck, if youre going to be gone for weeks at a time, get a ride to work or take an uber. its like an airport parking lot (long term parking). car thieves know that people are going to be gone for a while and theyre just prime locations for stealing cars/parts.

i normally take the gun with me to work. i was in a hurry and forgot it. i would rather have the gun back then the truck knowing its in the wrong hands. ya im looking to get a cheap DD.

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
kinda funny i was trying to modify my sig for the truck and for some reason it deleted just the truck sig, then the truck gets stolen. lol

Black2010

Established Member
Sorry about your luck, and it sounds like you at least found a competent attorney.

Nope, just one that was willing to make it a PITA to get a settlement and to take most of the money as fee's. I'd love to see how that attorney felt his company was liable for damages to personal property just because it was parked in their parking lot.

OP - Unfortunately, you and I (Austin) are really bad about having trucks stolen. We are close to the boarder and easy pickings. You don't want to know the numbers for stolen trucks. Most go to Mexico and get used for smuggling (had 3 friends have this happen to them). All the trucks were found at some point thus how they know what they were being used for. My advice for you, if you are going to be gone that long and keeping a vehicle parked out like that would be to just get a beater car/truck.

Machdup1

Established Member
the tail gate, rear bumper, side steps, interior lights, rear cab light and a XD40 all gone. he did some damage to the seats and body. he left some stuff on the truck where he could have made some good money from. he also left me a needle with a baggy of heroin in it lol. lucky for me he was a heroin addict and not a cartel lol. the insurance company cut me a check for the damage and with a clean title.
learned a lot from this experience and for those fellow F series owners get as many anti theft devices you can, I got the viper alarm, gps, remote start, revalco and a custom made steering column lock. if a thief wants your truck hes going to get it but atleast make it hard for them.

Congrats..Here's hoping that the thief catches the AIDS and wastes away slowly and painfully.

Users who are viewing this thread