Let the GMP die cast madness begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member

St8-E

Established Member
I have been looking for a Teal GMP, but after I saw the prices, I thought otherwise...I can only find Black and Red...I have an Ultra blue/Titanium GMP which is a replica of the first fox that I owned and would love one to match the cobra also...but at 150-200...GEEZ!!

buddha93

Established Member
LOL! I haven't been watching them too closely. I honestly don't think you see too much of that, but who knows.

Hell, the last time I looked, most of them were less than retail. I picked up my Black one for $60 shipped to my door.

The guy with the R 93' is out of his mind.

red95gts

Established Member
Yeah, I bought my red one for around $50 if I recall. I'd like to have a teal one, but honestly it's not worth much more than about $100. That $275 price is crazy.

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
Yeah I just picked up a black one today for $89 just in case they too go to $175 overnight, lol.

MWoods26

Established Member
That is crazy. I have a teal, black, and the R. I have mine out on display. I didnt pay more than 80 bucks shipped for any of the three I have.

robertlyons

Established Member
I paid retail for my Teal one when they were first released. Then I picked up an R model for $45 from a store going out of business. Then I got a Steeda R for $50 on eBay. Then in the same week, I got a red one and black one for $50 a piece, also on eBay. It was like someone dumped a storehouse of them on the market all at once. The teal ones are kinda hard to come by. That first one that sold looks like two people wanted it cost be damned. I don't think anyone will see that price anytime soon.

jspalmer01

Established Member
I paid retail for my Teal one when they were first released. Then I picked up an R model for $45 from a store going out of business. Then I got a Steeda R for $50 on eBay. Then in the same week, I got a red one and black one for $50 a piece, also on eBay. It was like someone dumped a storehouse of them on the market all at once. The teal ones are kinda hard to come by. That first one that sold looks like two people wanted it cost be damned. I don't think anyone will see that price anytime soon.

Hey Bob I see you are still around. I have a red one and an R model. I'm hoping they go up in value!!! :)

robertlyons

Established Member
Hey Bob I see you are still around. I have a red one and an R model. I'm hoping they go up in value!!! :)

Had some health problems, but they're past now and I'm starting to pop up a bit more. I've decided that Sue and I will be at the MCA Grand national in Maryland in September. 99.99% sure it'll be with the Cobra, as my new toy, a 20th Anniversary 5-speed convertible, won't be ready. The only thing bad about the new toy is I have to sell my low mileage 1998 BMW M Roadster for garage space. I love the car, but Sue feels it's a death trap and doesn't want to ride in it anymore.

jspalmer01

Established Member
Had some health problems, but they're past now and I'm starting to pop up a bit more. I've decided that Sue and I will be at the MCA Grand national in Maryland in September. 99.99% sure it'll be with the Cobra, as my new toy, a 20th Anniversary 5-speed convertible, won't be ready. The only thing bad about the new toy is I have to sell my low mileage 1998 BMW M Roadster for garage space. I love the car, but Sue feels it's a death trap and doesn't want to ride in it anymore.

Glad to hear you are OK...getting old sucks. I'll PM you soon and get cell #'s so we can talk on the phone.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Established Member
I'm never going to get to sell mine, it's teal #235 just like my car.... :beer:

That price is CRAZY though....

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
Ive got the full set of 5 also. red, black, teal, R, Steeda R. wonder if I can get some tool on there to drop $600-$800 for them? Its been said (p.t. barnum) that theres a sucker born every minute!

WillyB93

Established Member
You would be surprised especially since you have all of them, if you sold them as a group.

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
What about the 6th, the Street Fighter 93 Cobra in grey, lol.

Looks like the frenzy is over, the $275 R hasn't sold and the Teal just relisted at $149 again for like the 4th time.

mustang addict

Established Member
These things are getting crazy pricey!

I called GMP earleir in the week just out of curiousity. Said they don't have any plans for further production.

Personally I think they should pursue the following cars:

1. '84 GT350 (vert and hardtop)
2. '90 7 up car
3. Red '92 SE Vert
4. Hertz SVO
5. 1982 GT (has to be red, those cars looked good!)
6. 1979 Pace Car

Any more you guys think? I've got almost all of the ones they made so far. Would love to see them come out with more.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I have a black 93. I would like to have a red & a teal one also, but not at $100+. Anyone want to sell me a red or teal one?

RARE5.0

RARE NOTCHBACK
Established Member
I justed pick up a teal one for are you ready for this........ 85 bucks. so now i have two.
one stock and one with 93 cobra R's on it.

dscn0625m.jpg

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Those GMP Fox Bodies are so full of awesome. GMP quality is so amazing. Even the floormats look real, and those roll up windows. I almost got a black gmp cobra mustang, but sadly could not add it to my die cast collection at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread