Lets see how well Allstate values there customers

hostile500

Established Member
Well unfortunately this past weekend i had someone decide they were going to crash into the back of my 13 shelby. Guy didn't even touch the brakes, Hit me at close to 40mph.
He missed the brake and hit the gas. Destroyed everything in the back, Including the spare tire well and bent the rear frame rails. creased both rear quarter panels. BEST PART IS HE DID NOT HAVE INSURANCE!!!!!!
I have uninsured motorist but theirs noway they will pay for the depreciation of the car now that it has a collision on it.

I think im screwed

RBB

Established Member
That sucks man, sorry to hear it. I agree with DSG, hopefully they'll total it and you can get into another low mileage one.

hostile500

Established Member
just got a call from the claims. apparently they didn't put coverage back on the car before I drove it. meaning collision.... had everything else and because he doesn't have any coverage they aren't covering the accident. I will have to go after the dead beat in civil court. Guess ill be moving all my other policies to another company.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
just got a call from the claims. apparently they didn't put coverage back on the car before I drove it. meaning collision.... had everything else and because he doesn't have any coverage they aren't covering the accident. I will have to go after the dead beat in civil court. Guess ill be moving all my other policies to another company.

That's just beautiful.

Zemedici

Established Member

incredible.....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Did you have something signed saying the date that you were going to take it out of hibernation and start driving?

If you did, and the accident was after that date, I would go after All State. If you didn't, I'm not sure how you would expect them to know?

hostile500

Established Member
I called back in may and some how it wasn't put back on. This happened to me last year with the coverage too. Now it's a problem because of the accident. The big issue is the other guy not having any insurance at all. I hire if I hit a cow the car would of been covered. I don't get insurance companies

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I called back in may and some how it wasn't put back on. This happened to me last year with the coverage too. Now it's a problem because of the accident. The big issue is the other guy not having any insurance at all. I hire if I hit a cow the car would of been covered. I don't get insurance companies

Do you remember who you spoke with back in May? Did you already pay your premium?

hostile500

Established Member
The people change out all the time so I don't remember who it was. And yes I pay in full in February for all my vehicles. I guess this was still on storage list

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The people change out all the time so I don't remember who it was. And yes I pay in full in February for all my vehicles. I guess this was still on storage list

Oh gotcha. That's pretty unfortunate.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I hope you dont lose your liscence because of an uninsured accident .

I am a contractor, specilize in water , fire , storm damage.
Alstate is the worst to deal with period .

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear OP. Too bad you don't have any emails going back and forth on the coverage. You would have written proof and should be covered in that case, if you decided to lawyer up. Sounds like the car may be a total loss anyways. Sorry to hear. (This is why I like to do everything through email as opposed through phone conversations. Good to have a "paper trail".)
Good luck going forward.

Last edited:

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Sorry to hear this. Hope you are ok - I got smacked at 40mph from behind once - it totaled my super clean 1995 SHO. Saw the prick coming he whole way - but I was stuck in a line of cars with nowhere to go. Jacked up my back and neck for a while. Loved that car. I bought the car back from the insurance company cheap - really cheap - $200 cheap. Maybe you can buy it back and make some money parting it out.

Kel

Established Member
Sorry to hear OP. Too bad you don't have any emails going back and forth on the coverage. You would have written proof and should be covered in that case, if you decided to lawyer up. Sounds like the car may be a total loss anyways. Sorry to hear. (This is why I like to do everything through email as opposed through phone conversations. Good to have a "paper trail".)
Good luck going forward.

Right, once you call in, they would update their files and they should send you a note confirming coverage has been reinstated and an updated insurance card. At least that's what State Farm does when I take mine out of winter hibernation each year in the spring. Sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation, best of luck!

Kel

Bad Company

Established Member
Most states require Insurance Agencies to have an Errors and Omission Policy to cover errors made by selling agents.

1)find out if your agent has an Errors and Omission Policy

2)if you called them back in May, did you use your cell phone to do this?

3)if you used your cell phone get your call records from your cell phone provider showing the date and time for the phone call to the agent to add the collision coverage back on the car.

4) hopefully you have these records.........now take them to the selling agent and tell him to file a claim against his errors and omission policy for the car

5)if he refuses to acknowledge this problem list him in the lawsuit, along with the person that hit you.

Hopefully the selling agent decides it will be cheaper in the long run to help you versus being drug into court for a mistake one of his minions making a mistake, but then he'll have higher rates for a few years on his Errors and Omission Policy, so he may swear you never called him if you don't have phone records to prove the call was made.

Here is a link for reasons as to why Insurance Agencies get sued. 24% of the time this happens is for failing to procure coverage for the client according to this website.

https://agents.insureon.com/news/top-6-errors-omissions-claims-against-insurance-agents

hostile500

Established Member
Yes we have the EOP error. They are looking into the phone records today and I'm hoping we can find it somewhere that I called. I would have to just pay the back charges for the months that weren't paid. But this agent isn't playing that way. They don't want to do any of these things. So I'll have to talk with insurance commissioner if they can't find any phone calls from the past.

Users who are viewing this thread