LIttle P1 that could.... Procharged S550

DarkMach1

Established Member
Does PBIR really enforce the diaper rule or is that just stated in their rules? Also I arrive in s florida Monday for 4 days how is the tnt on Wed evenings @ PBIR? May have to run the rental car - lol.

No they dont Wednesday TnT is ok as long as you arrive early, most Wednesday’s they will shutdown before 10 because “it’s slow” even though at no point they are waiting for people to come up to line. Frustrating.

Last edited:

bunits19714

Established Member
No they done. Wednesday TnT is ok as long as you arrive early, most Wednesday’s they will shutdown before 10 because “it’s slow” even though at no point they are waiting for people to come up to line. Frustrating.
thanks and when I go to tnt nights here all my buddies always joke that I open the gate at the track because I usually arrive so early.

DarkMach1

Established Member
thanks and when I go to tnt nights here all my buddies always joke that I open the gate at the track because I usually arrive so early.

That’s good. I’m going Friday, going early because I’m 2 hours away and weather being crappy, cooldown will take a while.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Well overall a crappy night. I was directed to go on left lane even though I knew something was off because all the fast guys were going right lane. Then line up next to a Fox body that was so loud I couldn’t hear myself think. I could’ve launched a little better but car spun at the launch and hard in 1-2. Shifts were ok except 1-2 was still low. Weather was mid 70s. Ran 10.60 at 131.7 with a 1.78 60ft. Full tenth slower than my best 60ft. Soon after it started sprinkling, looked at radar and there was a decent blob coming our way so I just left knowing it would be a long drive with drag radials and rain.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yeah sucks to get rained out, its the reason I didn't go the last time I had planned, it was supposed to rain off an on the entire time so I just said f it. Sounds like some real bias plys might be in order for you as you said you spun a bit the last outing and this one.

One more reason to get a tuner of your own so you can fine tune those shift points at the track, going back and forth with a tunershop can be a pita. Great thing about doing your own is you could have multiple tunes ie one for the track, one for the street, one for those nights out in mexico lol.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I have 2 tunes. Lund was gonna be available but got complicated last minute. Wouldn’t have helped due to rain.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Didn’t get to go out there yesterday, my other car broke down so I had to address that. Still looking to make it out soon, before nice weather ends.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Forgot to update. Boy did Dasan leave me a hell of a final tune before passing, may he Rest In Peace. Wanted to go out there and give it one more shot, shame we can’t shoot the shit and rejoice about it over email. Car 60ft better than ever by a small amount, 1.67 and that resulted in...

135.80mph

Track closed early before it got nice and cool. Stock drivetrain, stock stall, P1sc, Shelby mani, exhaust, Mak inlet, 93 oct with a little octane booster. 17* of timing, 4000lbs with me in it.

Major thanks to Lund Racing and Dasan( Deespeed99)

Last edited:

DarkMach1

Established Member
No new mods. Worked on a bit of tuning up top since it was kinda falling on its face and shift points. 1/8th mile went up about 1mph, from previous best.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Nice, thats about 1mph more than I picked up from tuning my last time out, congrats on the new numbers.

Havent looked at logs yet. Likely check them out tomorrow morning. My guess is that we didnt lose the ~2-3* of timing she was losing on the back half before. But ill confirm tomorrow.

bunits19714

Established Member
nice- you finishing in top of 3rd or does it make the shift to 4th? figure your right at 7750-7850 rpm depending on tires size if your in 3rd. (based on a 3.15 rear gear)

went to beginning of thread and released your running 3.55's*** so your around 6700ish in 4th??

Last edited:

DarkMach1

Established Member
nice- you finishing in top of 3rd or does it make the shift to 4th? figure your right at 7750-7850 rpm depending on tires size if your in 3rd. (based on a 3.15 rear gear)

went to beginning of thread and released your running 3.55's*** so your around 6700ish in 4th??

Right at 7000 in 4th according to older logs at 135.

Users who are viewing this thread