lol, my allstate "drivewise" stats

trevkm7

Established Member
How long till this is required by insurance companies?

thats what I'm worried about. They start it off as something that you can ask for and only get savings from. But how long before they decide to make it mandatory and make it possible for them to charge more based on how fast you drive.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
thats what I'm worried about. They start it off as something that you can ask for and only get savings from. But how long before they decide to make it mandatory and make it possible for them to charge more based on how fast you drive.

wouldnt work, can easily be disconnected.

only way around that is to require it be wired in conjunction with allowing the car to start and remain on, which isnt gonna happen

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

only way around that is to require it be wired in conjunction with allowing the car to start and remain on, which isnt gonna happen

"We regret to inform you that your insurance coverage is suspended due to insufficient data from your Drivewise account. In order to provide you with the coverage 1 bazillion customers enjoy, please ensure your Drivewise device is plugged into your car, and you submit the results on or before your monthly due date."

whiplash306

Established Member
....as some of you are already undoubtably thinking, this "device" is just the first step in a systematic desensitization to yet ANOTHER much larger "big-brother" type of agenda.

I can see the (initial) novelty type allure of such a device along with the appealing thought that one might actually save money with its usage. But again, it, along with modern type automotive "black boxes", street cameras, and PROPOSED (future) ability of law enforcement to be able to "limp mode" your car at their will all points to one VERY SCARY infringement on privacy statutes......

To sum it up ------- !!! NO THANKS !!!
(and yes OP, I'll gladly don my tin foil cap now)

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

Read below.

"We regret to inform you that your insurance coverage is suspended due to insufficient data from your Drivewise account. In order to provide you with the coverage 1 bazillion customers enjoy, please ensure your Drivewise device is plugged into your car, and you submit the results on or before your monthly due date."

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
....as some of you are already undoubtably thinking, this "device" is just the first step in a systematic desensitization to yet ANOTHER much larger "big-brother" type of agenda.

I can see the (initial) novelty type allure of such a device along with the appealing thought that one might actually save money with its usage. But again, it, along with modern type automotive "black boxes", street cameras, and PROPOSED (future) ability of law enforcement to be able to "limp mode" your car at their will all points to one VERY SCARY infringement on privacy statutes......

To sum it up ------- !!! NO THANKS !!!
(and yes OP, I'll gladly don my tin foil cap now)
It will be all 1986 and earlier vehicles for me.

Catfood

Established Member
I drive fast and I understand that I will have to pay to drive that way. When I get married I will utilize the drivewise to get my wife a discount hopefully it can help cover the extra charges I will create.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Lol that's awesome.. If I put that in my daily driver they would come haul it away on a flatbed I think.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I think it's funny because a lot of people who complain about big brother and tracking probably own some sort of gps device.

Excluding cell phones, most people don't have any sort of personal information attached to their GPS devices.

I think most people that have a problem with the Drive Wise device is the fear that kind of tracking may inch its way into being a requirement to obtain insurance. So I'm required to purchase insurance to operate my vehicle, and I'm required to allow my habits to be tracked in order to purchase insurance (hypothetically speaking of course).

whiplash306

Established Member
I think it's funny because a lot of people who complain about big brother and tracking probably own some sort of gps device.

Minus my cell phone, I do not.
Excluding cell phones, most people don't have any sort of personal information attached to their GPS devices.

I think most people that have a problem with the Drive Wise device is the fear that kind of tracking may inch its way into being a requirement to obtain insurance. So I'm required to purchase insurance to operate my vehicle, and I'm required to allow my habits to be tracked in order to purchase insurance (hypothetically speaking of course).
He's a smart guy and knows exactly the concern those of us have voiced. Instead, he'd rather stir the pot. For many, unfortunately, it's viewed as the SVTP way of doing things. :shrug:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

And by what information do you have that would make you assume that this is the future of insurance aside from paranoia? Its an optional service just as purchasing insurance from the or any other agency who would require this. GPS devices have the exact same information data that the devices they have you plug in your car.

I would find it really hard to believe this would ever fly. It would be an invasion of privacy. Can you think of any other service that requires everything you do to be tracked? This would never make it past the courts. The only way to make this work is the way they are doing it, by having the customer agree to the service. So I doubt you will have anything to worry about.

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member

i dont see that being possible.

they'd be pissed at me then, Ive only put 200 miles on the Lightning since Dec. 1 lol

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
And by what information do you have that would make you assume that this is the future of insurance aside from paranoia? Its an optional service just as purchasing insurance from the or any other agency who would require this. GPS devices have the exact same information data that the devices they have you plug in your car.

I would find it really hard to believe this would ever fly. It would be an invasion of privacy. Can you think of any other service that requires everything you do to be tracked? This would never make it past the courts. The only way to make this work is the way they are doing it, by having the customer agree to the service. So I doubt you will have anything to worry about.

I don't have any information, absolutely none. Hence the reason I said hypothetically speaking, but of course acknowledging that does not fit in your agenda and need to stir the pot all the time, does it?

What I DID say, was that's likely most people's concern.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
i dont see that being possible.

they'd be pissed at me then, Ive only put 200 miles on the Lightning since Dec. 1 lol

Same here. I haven't driven my F250 in a couple months, other than to move it from the street to my driveway and back once in a while! Same with my mustang, I only put a couple thousand or so miles a year on it.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
It's funny that when I try to debate anything it's because I am stirring the pot. You people make me laugh :). It's not that I'd rather have a better insight to the thought process of some people, more so the theory conspiracists, which one of the spoken ones in here had admitted to being before.

I was curious as to what actually makes you think that your information would be tracked. Carry on though...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread