Longevity of a coyote motor supercharged

jlm961

Established Member
I may ask you for help in the future, we think alike lol

Anytime. Just drop a pm. I'm by no means an expert at everything car related. I've just had to improvise over the years and make do with what was there many times especially when I was younger. S*** that some people swore would never work. Just don't send no pics of the kajones. Heh.

jlm961

Established Member
On another note, I noticed that a few have waited until they got 30000 or so on the odometer before going fi. I would think that in one of these newer engines that this may help some after the engine has a bit of time to loosen up a bit and give things a bit more room for thermal expansion. The piston clearances and ring gaps are ran WAY tighter than they were years ago. Just thinking out loud. Carry on.

burke985

Established Member
Car now has 32k Miles on it and 13k boosted miles. Still on stock long block and Opg and countless pulls to 7500. Tune is everything

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I agree with burke985, it seems that less people are having problems with engine failure. Now the coyote has been out for a while and tuners have really figured out what to do. Sure it still can happen it's mass produced but for the most part tune is key. My TVS went on at 23,000mi now I have 26,000 car is a daily driver.

Roc

Advice,
Installing a Vortech on my 2013 GT M6 next week, I presently have a Borla S Axel Back as my only exhaust mod. Any problems leaving my exhaust as is, I know I can go the full exhaust route or cat deletes etc.. but I don't really want my ride any louder than it is. Any input would be appreciated..
And I do have a good local tuner...

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
No issues. Just leaving some power on the table. I'm running the Magnaflow Street series 3" catback. Great looking/performing quiet exhaust. The Borla over axles pipes are a nice option as well.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Tune will only take u so far with rice-crispy rods in the 11-14. eventually they will fail but they take a shitload of abuse b4 they do

SB302

Established Member
My went @ 60,000 with 45,000 of it on a Roush TVS. Lost compression in 3 cylinders. Sucks.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Advice,
Installing a Vortech on my 2013 GT M6 next week, I presently have a Borla S Axel Back as my only exhaust mod. Any problems leaving my exhaust as is, I know I can go the full exhaust route or cat deletes etc.. but I don't really want my ride any louder than it is. Any input would be appreciated..
And I do have a good local tuner...

I still have cats on my Procharged 2013 Mustang GT, and just an axleback. It doesn't hurt anything, other that power. I believe I am leaving a good 30-40 rwhp on the table by not ditching my cats TBH, car dyno'd 564 rwhp on 7 psi.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
My went @ 60,000 with 45,000 of it on a Roush TVS. Lost compression in 3 cylinders. Sucks.

Even though it sucks that you lost your motor, that's actually pretty good that you got almost 50k supercharged miles out of it especially with a PD blower. I mean, you can't really expect a SC stock motor making almost double the rwhp it made stock to last 100k miles or more.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Even though it sucks that you lost your motor, that's actually pretty good that you got almost 50k supercharged miles out of it especially with a PD blower. I mean, you can't really expect a SC stock motor making almost double the rwhp it made stock to last 100k miles or more.

I actually wonder how much harder a PD blower is than a centrifugal.

My Procharger is really never in boost at part throttle driving, which sucks for torque and low end, but I have to think it is a little easier on the motor.

Famine

Established Member
I actually wonder how much harder a PD blower is than a centrifugal.

My Procharger is really never in boost at part throttle driving, which sucks for torque and low end, but I have to think it is a little easier on the motor.

It isnt on a pd blower either. There is a vacuum driven flapper valve that closes under certain throttle application. So its not like youre getting 10psi at 3k rpms when easing into the throttle and driving normally to the grocery store. That would be silly.

Sizeth3

Established Member
It isnt on a pd blower either. There is a vacuum driven flapper valve that closes under certain throttle application. So its not like youre getting 10psi at 3k rpms when easing into the throttle and driving normally to the grocery store. That would be silly.

Yeah good point. I guess I am saying that I have to try to get into boost on my centrifugal, really turn a decent amount of rpm. Every roots or TVS blower I have experienced gets into boost at a lower rpm range. I just think that has to play a factor. If I go part throttle to a significant amount of throttle and am not in the appropriate gear, car accelerates but no boost. Part of the reason I want a converter so bad, tired of it :).

fuelforfire87

Established Member
If you have a paxton or vortech blower you could always get a torque booster kit from beefcake. If you have a procharger like myself you would have to get custom. I'm thinking of getting a converter eventually as well.

Last edited:

Larry03GT

Established Member

Why not? I'm at 83k miles Roush TVS installed at 5k car still running very strong! Out 60ft an 800+ GTR and he only got me by 1/2 car on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread