Longtube Header Opinions needed

99VERT

Established Member
Ok so I have made the decision to move to long tube headers and I have a few questions:

1) 1-3/4 or 1-7/8? Will there be fitment concerns going to the 1-7/8 vs the 1-3/4?

2) What do you guys recommend from a brand standpoint? ARH, Kooks, Stainless works?

3) Which brand is the least pain the ass to install? I have access to a lift and all the correct tools.

Catted X-pipe or Offroad. Not concerned about emissions as I run and Off road X-pipe now. Just checking to see from a noise volume standpoint between the 2. I will be running the factory mufflers with the headers.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
On a 13/14 go 1 7/8. I personally run ARH on my 14 and the fit and finish is top notch. Kooks also makes beautiful headers but they are slightly shorter in length than other brands. The stock axle backs w/ headers and an O/R mid pipe sound great, I personally prefer the deeper sound of an H pipe but it's all preference.

Kel

Established Member
On a 13/14 go 1 7/8. I personally run ARH on my 14 and the fit and finish is top notch. Kooks also makes beautiful headers but they are slightly shorter in length than other brands. The stock axle backs w/ headers and an O/R mid pipe sound great, I personally prefer the deeper sound of an H pipe but it's all preference.

Exactly + plus I got the ceramic coated option as well. Definitely more noticeable over stock (power, noise especially when you get on it, etc) and takes some getting used to but would highly recommend. Good luck.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
If I could do this all over again, I would run ARH..I run kooks now and it sound great, but I had a lot of fitment issues during install..Van @ Revan will back this claim up and the reason why he only sells ARH..wish I knew this before hand, always knew Kooks made a good product..but for at least my car, was not the case..Oh and run 1 7/8 for sure

03kbredfire

Established Member
After installing some Kooks headers 1 7/8 I would recommend 1 3/4". Too tight for installation. No power loss from 1 3/4. May even see higher tq. with 1 3/4". Ease of install is probably the Dynatech then Stainless Works followed by ARH and Kooks. I opted for Kooks as they appeared to have the most attention to equal length primaries. The Dynatech and Stainless have what looks to be zeros consideration to equal length primaries. American Racing have the longer primaries between Kooks and ARH.

JimIII@jdm

After installing some Kooks headers 1 7/8 I would recommend 1 3/4". Too tight for installation. No power loss from 1 3/4. May even see higher tq. with 1 3/4". Ease of install is probably the Dynatech then Stainless Works followed by ARH and Kooks. I opted for Kooks as they appeared to have the most attention to equal length primaries. The Dynatech and Stainless have what looks to be zeros consideration to equal length primaries. American Racing have the longer primaries between Kooks and ARH.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree 1000%

We always recommend 1 3/4" over 1 7/8" as it will support up to 1000 HP and is a much easier fit. If your building for all out max power and are actually making enough power to use them 1 7/8" will provide more top end power but will not make as much torque as stated.

Also if your going with a catted version go Kooks, I've seen way to many failures with ARH and Stainless Works cats. They are spun metallic which are the type that like to ball up and clog your exhaust. This can lead to 02 sensor damage, muffler damage, and worse case engine damage.

The Kooks GREEN cats are by far the strongest and most reliable cat for a high powered application.

If you need help with pricing or more information feel free to call us at 732-780-0770

Thanks!

JimIII

Users who are viewing this thread