Looking for a little more while keeping a stock engine.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
Hey, I have a 2014 A6 5.0 with a paxton 2200 sc. My current setup is on 93oct. 8.5 lbs of boost, 16 degrees max timing, Lund tuned, JLT intake, Vortech BAP, DW 1000cc injectors, BBK long tubes, BBK high flow catted xpipe, pypes bomb catback. My question is what can i do to add a little more power while keeping the car safe and not forging the engine? I was curious about the gains from getting a lighter drive shaft as well.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
20160916_141716.jpg
[/URL]

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
OPG/CS, More timing, e85 or torco/octanium, Smaller pulley, converter, CJ/Boss manifold, off road pipe, Weight savings.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Optional. But if you want to "keep the car safe" it's recommended from every shop/FI company I talked to before purchasing. Did the crank/Timing sprocket too. A guy over at 6G broke both, one on a 14, another on a 16.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
good to know. I don't think lund was willing to go for more timing. I've seen more aggressive tunes from AED. Not sure of a place near cincy that does AED dyno tuning.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Our fuel system is limited. A GT500 setup would be good to 900hp. AED is a great choice. I'm sure Shawn can dial you in on the street if you're willing.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
lighter DS aint gonna do shit but tax ur wallet. a Circle D converter is wat I wud do. the CF DS will make the car quieter and may make u a little faster in the 1/4 mile but it is a nice upgrade for a street car jus aint gonna make u go any faster really at least nothn u will notice

the E85 is great but I have had a similar set-up to urs and that is an absolute GAS guzzler. Wen ur out riding hard ur getting 12 miles to the gallon with E85 subtract 30% from that so ur now at like 9 MPG.

its kool if ur jus planning on going out every once and a while cause its far cheaper the C16 but for DD use I wud add a Methanol kit. not as aggressive as E85 but won't kill ur MPG while cruising like E85 will. lets face it ur cruising 99% of the time. u really only use that E85 a fraction of the nite yet at all nite ur getting 30% less mpg plus u will need a better fuel system for E85

a lighter set of wheels will make a huge difference as well

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
lighter DS aint gonna do shit but tax ur wallet. a Circle D converter is wat I wud do. the CF DS will make the car quieter and may make u a little faster in the 1/4 mile but it is a nice upgrade for a street car jus aint gonna make u go any faster really at least nothn u will notice

the E85 is great but I have had a similar set-up to urs and that is an absolute GAS guzzler. Wen ur out riding hard ur getting 12 miles to the gallon with E85 subtract 30% from that so ur now at like 9 MPG.

its kool if ur jus planning on going out every once and a while cause its far cheaper the C16 but for DD use I wud add a Methanol kit. not as aggressive as E85 but won't kill ur MPG while cruising like E85 will. lets face it ur cruising 99% of the time. u really only use that E85 a fraction of the nite yet at all nite ur getting 30% less mpg plus u will need a better fuel system for E85

a lighter set of wheels will make a huge difference as well
I'm not to familiar with torque converters. What exactly do they do?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
A torque converter is part of an automatic transmission. Aftermarket converters, commonly referred to as high stall torque converters, allow you to launch your car like you would a manual.

_Snake_

Established Member
Looks like you already have most of the supporting mods to run more boost. That'd be my recommendation.

_Snake_

Established Member
I'll defer to whoever is tuning your car, but 10-12 lbs and 650ish rwhp is typically approaching the upper end of safe.

I highly, highly recommend asking your tuner this question before you make any plans.

corepwn

Established Member
Run some Torco/Lucas fuel addtive and a tune from your tuner where the KS can add an additional +2 degrees of timing for when you want a little extra oomph.

PC03GT

Established Member
Yeah, I feel that way.

I have a similar set up except for the m82. Vortech v3, opgs and crank gear, kooks headers, o/r h pipe. Stock pulley and tuned on octane booster and 93 it made 670/530 sae. I'm sure I'm pushing my luck but I try not to beat the shit out of it

Users who are viewing this thread