Looking for suspension recommendations

southport2014

Established Member
like the title states I am looking for some suspension recommendations. I have a 2011 gt automatic and looking for something that will handle a supercharger later on down the road. I also would like to lower it slightly as well. What are your recommendations I want something that I can daily as well.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
BMR upper and lower box controler arms with relocation brackets welded. BMR pan hard bar. Some koni, bilstien, tokico, or ford racing shocks and struts with brand new Gt500 top mounts with your choice or springs, i went with ford Racing springs.

southport2014

Established Member
BMR upper and lower box controler arms with relocation brackets welded. BMR pan hard bar. Some koni, bilstien, tokico, or ford racing shocks and struts with brand new Gt500 top mounts with your choice or springs, i went with ford Racing springs.
Dumb question but what do you mean gt500 top mounts? Like strut mounts

southport2014

Established Member
Also just looked on bmr website what part numbers are they. I can’t find a adjustable boxes but lower and idk what Panhard bar

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Last edited:

southport2014

Established Member

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
One more question I have looked at coil overs before just for the height adjustability . Could I use them instead or would the Koni and FRPP be a better choice
Really its just a choice of perference. But if the car is a street car i would recommend the koni and springs of your choice. Coil overs tend to ride rougher and if you get a cheap kit its worse. If you were tracking the car Coil overs are great.

southport2014

Established Member
Really its just a choice of perference. But if the car is a street car i would recommend the koni and springs of your choice. Coil overs tend to ride rougher and if you get a cheap kit its worse. If you were tracking the car Coil overs are great.
Also noticed on American muscle they say with a 2011 you have to have a special mount or something for the FRPP springs ?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Also noticed on American muscle they say with a 2011 you have to have a special mount or something for the FRPP springs ?

The links i sent you for the strut is for the 05-10 mustangs which is why you will use a gt500 strut mount. The 11-14 v6/gt mounts tend to fall apart when you try to reuse them. With what i linked for you. You will be able to assemble the new setup before even installing. Also you will be able to keep you stock strut, mount and spring assembled when removing from the car.

southport2014

Established Member
The links i sent you for the strut is for the 05-10 mustangs which is why you will use a gt500 strut mount. The 11-14 v6/gt mounts tend to fall apart when you try to reuse them. With what i linked for you. You will be able to assemble the new setup before even installing. Also you will be able to keep you stock strut, mount and spring assembled when removing from the car.
Also forgot to ask will the 11-14 struts work with the gt500 strut mounts ? Or just the 05-10

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
Would recommend upgrading to the Steeda HD mounts. The have a version for the 11-14. Gives you +/- 1° of camber adjustment too. This will allow you to avoid having to use camber bolts if you are using lowering springs.

southport2014

Established Member
Would recommend upgrading to the Steeda HD mounts. The have a version for the 11-14. Gives you +/- 1° of camber adjustment too. This will allow you to avoid having to use camber bolts if you are using lowering springs.
Would I have to use camber bolts for the FRPP k springs and KONI struts and gt500 strut mount

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
By the way, in your original post you said you wanted to lower your car slightly. With a 1.5" drop your car may not be considered slammed but I would say it is much more than a slight drop.

If you want a lesser drop I would suggest either the Ford P springs or the Steeda Sports.

If you want something with less than a 1" drop then consider the Roush springs (the regular ones, not the Extreme ones).

You MIGHT be able to get away without the camber bolts with the Roush springs if you are running OEM alignment specs. Each car is a little different. I have the Roush springs and because I want to run -1.5° of camber to assist with handling on a road course, I needed either camber bolts, the Steeda HD mount, or a full caster/camber plate.

I chose the Steeda HD mount because it has a polyurethane bushing that results in less NVH than full-on caster/camber plates.

Users who are viewing this thread