Looking to get back into the game, but a few questions.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I'm curious, regarding the GT500, do you run into heat soak issues on track?

I've tracked my 14 GT500 on two different weekends. 20 minute sessions in 85* temps in Texas for both weekends. I have the Performance Pack but not the Track Pack Coolers. No issues either time.

I've driven a 350R on track as well.

The 500 is just not a "friendly" track car. It is a bull in a china shop. The car has big torque that can break the tires loose when coming out of a corner. It is like walking a tight rope. You want to accelerate but too much and you are going for a ride. You have to be VERY AWARE.

Tom

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
...The 500 is just not a "friendly" track car. It is a bull in a china shop. The car has big torque that can break the tires loose when coming out of a corner. It is like walking a tight rope. You want to accelerate but too much and you are going for a ride. You have to be VERY AWARE.

Tom

I had a 2014 GT500 before my GT350. I described the experience as "Basically, I drove as though the car was trying to kill me. It was like driving in snow the whole time, even on a warm day on dry roads."

That said, I was in charge and it did what I wanted, but having to think ahead of the car that much is tiresome and not conducive to a nice day at the track, regardless of how fast you go. I wanted a car that was easier to drive fast so I went for the GT350.

Users who are viewing this thread