Looking to relocate my radio to the glove box. Recommendations?

cobra2547

Established Member
Long story short I ended getting rid of my spot for my radio in place of a holley digital dash. I'm looking for an aftermarket blue tooth radio to stick into the glove box that can run through the factory speaker. Just looking to still have a little music to listen to. Don't know much about the car stereo world any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Black2010

Established Member
Just so you are aware, an aftermarket radio wont sound very good with the factory amps/speakers. You really need to replace the speakers at the same time and wire in new speaker wire. You're going to have to do a lot of wiring anyways (to extend the wires to that location) so might as well do it right up front.

Their isn't much room in the glove box opening either so I'm not sure if one will fit in there. You may want to look into marine radio's as some of them can be hidden with just a remote for a controller. Not necessarily suggesting this radio but here is an example of what I'm talking about. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_917BB...a&awnw=g&awcr=93567740665&awdv=c&awug=9028267

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
You can make an aftermarket radio sound just fine with the factory Mach systems. Just make sure whatever radio you choose has high pass and low pass filters for the speakers and subwoofer outputs.

The Mach amps will be wired to the subwoofer output of the new radio and will need the LPF. The "tweeters" will be hooked right to the speaker outputs of the radio and will need the HPF so no bass is sent to them.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Just so you are aware, an aftermarket radio wont sound very good with the factory amps/speakers. You really need to replace the speakers at the same time and wire in new speaker wire. You're going to have to do a lot of wiring anyways (to extend the wires to that location) so might as well do it right up front.

You can't just replace speakers on this car without also replacing the Amps. At that point you have essentially ripped out the original system completely and replaced it all which is a whole lot more expensive and involved than just swapping out the head unit.

The reason is the original system (amps and speakers) is set up to an impedance that is not sold aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread