Looking to trade my irs for an sra, should I get $ on top?

cantu756

Established Member
Like the title says, I have an 04 Cobra and am looking to get rid of the irs. I've had both and prefer the sra. I will post an add locally to see if someone is looking to do the trade. Should I get any money on top? If so around how much? My irs has around 98k miles, all of the bushings look good only ones that have been replaced are the ones by the driveshaft that hold the pumpking. I will be in charged of removing mine and they will be in charged of theirs. Also as of right now i would be looking to sell the exhaust seperate or maybe work out a deal in the swap. They are polished basani with 4" tips i belive with borla stingers welded to them. Am in Houston Tx

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Like the title says, I have an 04 Cobra and am looking to get rid of the irs. I've had both and prefer the sra. I will post an add locally to see if someone is looking to do the trade. Should I get any money on top? If so around how much? My irs has around 98k miles, all of the bushings look good only ones that have been replaced are the ones by the driveshaft that hold the pumpking. I will be in charged of removing mine and they will be in charged of theirs. Also as of right now i would be looking to sell the exhaust seperate or maybe work out a deal in the swap. They are polished basani with 4" tips i belive with borla stingers welded to them. Am in Houston Tx

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app
@Recon wants to put an IRS in his Mach 1. You may want to hit him up and see what he says.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Looking at some of the prices of irs I’d want money on top. Unless it’s a real nice sra with all the goodies, powdercoat, good dif, strange axles, control arms, girdle, gear. Just an 8.8 with Stock junk isn’t worth much.

cantu756

Established Member

GodStang

Established Member
Depends what you are getting. When I went to IRS on a GT it was a straight swap for all parts and he did the work. Some times you can find someone that really wants an IRS and get a pretty penny for it. Some times you will be sitting on it for a straight up swap especially if you don't want to ship.

Foxinator

I'd just build own rear end so you know what you're getting. Salvage yard price for a used SRA from a new edge with ABS is about 200-250. Then throw your own axles, diff and gears you want into it. You should get back what you put into your diff. Just my. 02.

Users who are viewing this thread