Looks like I'll be working on robots, after all

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
A few years back, Summer of 2013, my job was coming to an end and with nothing nailed down for the future I was casting the net as widely as possible. I mentioned it here, and started talking to some folks about working on industrial robots. It came right down to the wire before another job in xray repair opened up at the last minute, for more money, closer to home, etc. Still, ever since I have wondered what it would have been like to work on robots.

As it turns out, I'm about to find out. Someone had the idea of combining an x-ray machine and an industrial robot arm, and these things are selling like mad despite the 3+ million price tag. One of these rooms can do neuro, angio, cardiac cath and even limited lower-res CT imaging. In other words, one room can do almost all x-ray imaging that is done, these days. I go off to school on it in a few months.

Robots and xray ... man, I hit the tech-geek jackpot when I got this job!

Four Door SVT

Established Member
That sounds cool, my friend works at edge water automation they design automation for several industries, I️ love going into their shops. They made the Auto prescription filling system for Meijer Pharmacies and now many places are using it.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Good luck! We just finished a tire from a robot for Northrop Grumman. We make RC tires so it’s kind of exciting to do something for the military industry.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I was hoping you were going into the sex robot business. I know a Snover sex-bot would be a quality product....

Seriously though, congrats. Is this a publicly traded company that we should be investing in? If ya know what I mean.

Coiled03

Established Member
You're one interesting dude, Jim, lol.

If I actually kept a short list of SVTPers I'd like to have a beer with, you'd definitely be on it.

Sounds like an adventure ahead for you.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
And that is how Skynet started and the machines rose up to enslave the human population.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
And that is how Skynet started and the machines rose up to enslave the human population.
Actually I think he'll be working on a robot when it goes haywire, blasting him with gamma rays...from that point Jim Snover's alter ego will be The Hulk.

nickf2005

Established Member
That sounds cool, my friend works at edge water automation they design automation for several industries, I️ love going into their shops. They made the Auto prescription filling system for Meijer Pharmacies and now many places are using it.

What a coincidence, I just visited them yesterday. They're building me an assembly machine. I got to walk their floor... a lot of cool stuff they're doing.

CV355

_
Established Member
Welcome to the industry! Just watch out, those robots move faster and are stronger than they look!

nickf2005

Established Member
Welcome to the industry! Just watch out, those robots move faster and are stronger than they look!

Or freakishly human.

baxter-robot.jpg

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Next time you get on here after class you're going to just make one post and it will be

I'm looking for John Connor.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
What a coincidence, I just visited them yesterday. They're building me an assembly machine. I got to walk their floor... a lot of cool stuff they're doing.

My friend Rob, total genius. He built the cook Nuclear plant control room simulator.

Edge water automation sponsorship built my kart race team a portable dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread