lowered lightning pics please

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
ur best bet would be to go through the PICTURE ONLY threads.. I would pick the BLACK EBONY one as it's the color of your truck.. go through all the pics and when you see one that you like.. check the persons signature for MOD list or PM them.. I like to picture whore just as much as the next guy.. but to ask such an open ended question won't get you the results I think you are looking for!

BTW: My Black 2000 L is in that thread and its a DJM 4/6 drop. on the stock 18's..

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
**** the search button, anytime i search for something i gotta go thru 50 threads and most of the time, i still can't find what im looking for. anyway i like starting a fresh thread, it gives me all the info i want/need.

yea the search in this site sucks ass, i can type in supercharger and it will say no matches or w/e.... lame.

here is my truck with a eibach kit on it.

DSCN1414.jpg

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member

MJG

Established Member
Belltech 2" drop spindles with FRPP 1" Drop Coils
Belltech 3" Shackle/hanger kit with Helper Leaf removed

mjg-albums-last-20s-picture32954-dsc06836.jpg

mjg-albums-last-20s-picture35750-b.jpg

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
is that all u used to lower it? is it the eibach pro kit

i didnt actually do the drop it was on the the truck when i bought it. when i was given all the stock stuff for it they had all of the stock suspension in a ibach box and the dude even told me it was a ibach drop. I got every single little factory piece or so he said when i picked up all the parts and im pretty sure he wasnt lieing b/c it filled the bed of my truck. he didnt do the drop either the guy before him did it (both 1st 2 owners were general managers for dealerships). i did notice the springs were not cut and im sure the isos are in (b/c those were not with all the stock parst) still but i could be from. the rear was on the highest hole for the shackles (lowest drop setting), the hangers were the ibachs and it was still on all leafs as far as i know b/c i didnt get any extras with all the factory parts he gave me but i didnt look at it that close. it does seem it sits a lil lower than most though.

when i get back in the states im see if the isos are there and if so im gonna pull them to see if it will bring front down a lil more.

Last edited:

frogman69

HOOYAH!
Established Member
FRPP front springs, ISO removed. The rear has Roush springs and the 1" shackle from the Ford kit. It sits 16 1/2 " front and 17" in the rear. Any more questions just shoot me an e-mail. That's how we learn. The info and insight from the members on this site is phenomenal.

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
FRPP front springs, ISO removed. The rear has Roush springs and the 1" shackle from the Ford kit. It sits 16 1/2 " front and 17" in the rear. Any more questions just shoot me an e-mail. That's how we learn. The info and insight from the members on this site is phenomenal.

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

dude gimme your exhaust tips :p

rich1011

Established Member
As you know Billy I was planning on lowering my L this month and I found the belltech spindles were the best way to lower the front. You will have no alignment issues with them and you'll get a 2" drop. Springs are cheaper but you may need a camber kit. As for the rear the jlp drop shackles won't give you a true 4" drop (someone who has them can tell you the exact drop) and you have to adjust the pinion angle. IMO hangers and 2" shackles are the way to go. Good luck

the jlp shackles have 3 settings 2"3"4" If your just going 3" then I'd go with them

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
haha

i like the look of this, can anyone tell me where i can find this kit?

what part of mass are you from? im out in woburn

i think i'd like a 2/3 drop. could i just use the JLP drop shackles for the rear,
does anyone else make 3" shackles? and what would i use for the front to drop 2"?

oh im sorry here you go

Eibach 99-04 Lightning PRO-TRUCK Lowering Kit [3576.530] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

kinda dont seem right or they have a misprint b/c it seems like my drop is more than a 1/3 but im sure thats a misprint maybe?? either way i know this is the kit i have.

Users who are viewing this thread