lowered lightning pics please

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
also, am i gunna have any kind of front end issues with dropping 4 inches?

Nope, just make sure you get a camber kit and a go to a reputable alignment shop and you'll be fine. I'm calling NAPA tomorrow to get a camber kit for mine so I'll let you know how much it is.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
MAT2CH: Do you know what setup you have? I like the drop. Hell, I like everybody's drop...I can't make up my mind on what I want to do!

Since I bought it at a dealership they wouldn't give me the name of the original owner so I could ask him. I've been under it a few times and noticed it has Belltech leaf spring hangers, shock extenders and Hotchkiss Performance sway bars, but other that that I'm really not sure. It handles nice, rides smooth and corners like a BIG sports car. :-D

TrueBlue79

Good Ol' Farm Truck
Established Member
Nikon034.jpg

TrueBlue79

Good Ol' Farm Truck
Established Member
^^^ nice drop, but I think you should look into adjusting your exhaust

Already have. It actually had a broken rubber hanger. Had to order a new one from Bassanii. Its fixed now. I wouldn't drive it till it was....ha ha

TrueBlue79

Good Ol' Farm Truck
Established Member
I used DJM 2" lower crontrol arms in the front with stock springs and Bell Tech 5 inch drop leafs in the rear. Used the leafs so I could still use my JDM traction bars. And I get 0 hop. Plus using the control arms it was easier to align and stay aligned. They are also set up for bags if I go that route which is coming soon.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
I used DJM 2" lower crontrol arms in the front with stock springs and Bell Tech 5 inch drop leafs in the rear. Used the leafs so I could still use my JDM traction bars. And I get 0 hop. Plus using the control arms it was easier to align and stay aligned. They are also set up for bags if I go that route which is coming soon.

didnt know belltech made 5'' drop leafs

Headgames Dave

7 year old thread that is informative!

So stock 03'. 54k miles. I freaking HATE the way it rides. I wanna drop it. But afraid it only gets worse from here.
From what this thread says, thinking dim drop spindle with frpp springs and belltech springs in the rear with a c notch. I tow with it too. My turbo Buick.

So how does this ride with the qa1 shocks? I think this would make a 3&5?

Users who are viewing this thread