lowering the rear only?

captainelectric

Established Member
Can I buy springs to just lower the rear. Its so jacked up and I dont mind the front. Id just like the car to sit about level and get the rear fenderwell gap like the front.

tattooed1

Established Member
I talked to Mark at LFP,and thats what he did to his personal vehicle.He used the Eibach springs.

03reptile

Established Member
If you are satisfied with the stock handling and ride quality then I would suggest you order the BGM rear springs only. They are the same spring rates as stock. I had installed the Eibach rear springs only and found them much stiffer than the stock springs. I removed them and put in the BGMs, which were perfect. They lowered the car to level and didn't deteriorate the ride quality. You will also have to purchase the BGM (or similar) adjustable panhard rod when you install the lowering springs, as the springs change the geometry of the rear and will cause one rear wheel to stick out further than the other. Once the springs are installed, you can adjust the rod and re-center the rear axle so it is correct. Regardless of what lowering spring you go with, the adjustable panhard rod will need to be installed, as well. Hope this helps with your decision. I'm very pleased with this set-up and the car looks and rides great. There is also a world of information about this modification on the search site.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
How do you actually adjust the panhard and know if your rear end is 100% centered?

I mean it is not like one side will be sticking out an inch or something so I imagine it would be very tough to have one person adjusting the rod while someone stands from behind to make sure it is true and even

So how exactly is this done?

I just ordered the Evo adjustable panhard and brace

1FSTHRSE

Established Member
lowering springs

i went with the H&R rears only. they have done a nice job and i am happy. the car looks good with them. they will be for sale in the middle of May, as i am doing the EVO lowering suspension, Dspec struts, shocks and sway bars.
i will post them for sale after i get back.
mike

cobra1718

Established Member
If you are satisfied with the stock handling and ride quality then I would suggest you order the BGM rear springs only. They are the same spring rates as stock. I had installed the Eibach rear springs only and found them much stiffer than the stock springs. I removed them and put in the BGMs, which were perfect. They lowered the car to level and didn't deteriorate the ride quality. You will also have to purchase the BGM (or similar) adjustable panhard rod when you install the lowering springs, as the springs change the geometry of the rear and will cause one rear wheel to stick out further than the other. Once the springs are installed, you can adjust the rod and re-center the rear axle so it is correct. Regardless of what lowering spring you go with, the adjustable panhard rod will need to be installed, as well. Hope this helps with your decision. I'm very pleased with this set-up and the car looks and rides great. There is also a world of information about this modification on the search site.
where did you get these from? can you post a link thanks

03reptile

Established Member
I apologize for the mis-information. Its not BGM, but BMR Fabrications Inc. They have a web site so just google that information and go from there. Sorry for the confusion, I'm getting senile in my old age!!

sonicsensation

Established Member
DO THE WHOLE CAR YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!

303300259110_0_ALB.jpg

182300259110_0_ALB.jpg
103300259110_0_ALB.jpg

KeltonB

Established Member

03reptile

Established Member
Sorry, I'm out of town for several weeks and don't have access to my paperwork. If you call them, just tell them you want the lowering springs that have the same spring rate as stock. They will know exactly what you need. The adjustable panhard rod is for the GT500, specifically. Good luck!

69b302

Established Member
How do you actually adjust the panhard and know if your rear end is 100% centered?

I mean it is not like one side will be sticking out an inch or something so I imagine it would be very tough to have one person adjusting the rod while someone stands from behind to make sure it is true and even

So how exactly is this done?

I just ordered the Evo adjustable panhard and brace

You use a straight edge/ruler or appropriate length across the tire. You place the staight edge on the tire, on each side, and measure/mark the alignment of the straight edge against the wheel lip. When both side measure the same the rearend is centered.

Users who are viewing this thread