M-3075-RA and M-5638-C installation

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
Howdy,

Does anyone know which way the bushings are supposed to be installed? I've got conflicting answers.

Basically does the more forward bushing go in from the back or front of the control arm?

What's the order of the bushings that replace the rear hydro? There's a donut with a concave side and a slight convex side. Then there's the sleeve with flanged end.

And I don't think this matters, but the bolt holes for the metal bracket that replaces the hydro bushing has different hole sizes. Like it's meant to be "adjusted".

Thanks,

/allen

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
You are installing Ford Racing parts from the part number. I would call the Ford Racing Hotline and get the answer direct from them. They often have pdf instructions for their parts if you ask.

Tom

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
Hi Tom,

I did and they don't. I got some pictures. There's no PDFs in either boxes. These parts aren't "street" pieces per se...

Basically I got "well, car builders know how to install them". Pfffft!

/allen

Snoopy49

Established Member
M-3075-RA - 2011-2014 MUSTANG FRONT CONTROL ARM KIT W/ EXTENDED BALL JOINT

M-3075-RA.jpg

• Service replacement for 2013 Mustang Boss 302S Race Car
  • Fits 2011-2014 Mustang
  • Ball joint is 19.2MM longer than stock; offers improved geometry for track use
  • Threaded ball joint for easy replacement
  • Off road use only

M-5638-C - 2005-2014 MUSTANG COMPETITION FRONT BUSHING KIT

M-5638-C.jpg

• Front lower control arm bushing kit for 2005-2014 Mustang
  • Original equipment on 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet and Mustang Boss 302S
  • Fits Mustang Boss 302R, FR500C, FR500S, 2005-2014 Mustang GT, V-6, Shelby GT-500 and 2012-2013 Mustang Boss 302
  • Rear bushings are smaller and lighter then production – ideal for header access
  • Low drag Delrin®/Aluminum forward bushings removes the bushing as a damping force
  • Increased stiffness for minimal suspension deflection and increased steering response
  • Off-road use only!

Last edited:

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
upload_2017-6-26_23-32-14.png

Hi Snoopy,

I didn't know about the download site but there are still no "instructions", unless I am completely missing something...

/allen

Snoopy49

Established Member
This is from the 2014 Mustang Factory Service Manual.
Lower Arm.pdf
It looks like a lot of work.

Here is the procedure on a 2005-10 Mustang. It looks pretty easy on the earlier cars.

Attachments

• Lower Arm.pdf
    388.8 KB · Views: 321

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you need to look at the orientation of the stock bushings and place them similarly. Here's a pic of Steeda's replacement arm with poly bushings. Just bear in mind that the placement of the control arm in the chassis is going to be the same.

777-4900.jpg

This is just my best guess.

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
This *is* basically what I've done to mock up the new parts. Took out the old ones, took some measurements and whatnot... I haven't installed them yet, was hoping to find someone who _knows_ they are doing or has done this upgrade.

"that looks right" are famous last words... ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread