M-5300-W GT350 springs from Ford Racing

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I was informed by someone in the FR network this morning.

- Estimated availability is 4/24/17. Retail pricing is $359 for a complete set. They fit both the GT350 and the GT350R.

- "Increased handling dynamics yet maintain excellent ride quality."

- Lowers the car approximately 20mm front and rear.

- Works with both standard and Magneride suspension systems.

- Designed to work with production struts, shocks and swaybars.

- May cause slightly harsher ride when compared to stock springs.

I've already asked Mike from Buyfordracing to put me on the list. Can't wait.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Eibach drop is .9" front and .7" rear whereas FRP drop is .79" at each end. Eibach's are progressive. Don't know if FRP's are linear or progressive. Spring rates? Getting them from Ford is like pulling teeth. I'd guess Terry at Vorshlag has the Eibach rates if anyone does.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-24%20at%208.13.08%20PM_zps8vp9mdtf.png

Saleenrose

Established Member
Just installed and aligned last night, they seem firmer, not harsh, but on the R they are not .79" lower. Seems I and Maybe Ford Performance has forgotten that The R is already lower than the GT350 so how could they be the same drop as the GT350. I installed along with Maximum Motorsports Camber Plates. Tracked car on a weekend putting 200 miles on it and seems the factory setting chews tires off on the outside. I added Camber to keep the tires from shredding the outer edges. Car was beyond my expectations, I was very happy with stock performance. After many years of running a 2000R I found the GT350R to be very close to a highly modded 2000R. Brake pads are in order, If I were to say anything bad about the car it would be that the brakes do not have the bit that I have come accustom to but they never faded or warped. I do run extremely hard and did use up the stock brake pads. Car was incredible.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
The R is lower because of the lower profile tires only. My car measured with the same SC2's was the same height as an R. Yesterday I met an R owner and my car with the new springs and new SC2's was almost exactly 20mm lower in front and closer to 15mm lower in the back. The same drop as measured on my car before and after the spring install.

Users who are viewing this thread