M55 catback question

mattmynhier

Established Member
So I have a practically brand new, fully professionally polished M55 catback. It has about 2000 miles on it and in excellent shape. The cost to have it polished was about 1200 plus the cost of the catback. What could I get out of it?
My daughter hates the sound of it so I’m gonna put my M58 on.

In all seriousness is 3k too much, or should I stick it in my attic and save it?

Thx everyone
IMG_3768.jpg
IMG_3770.jpg
IMG_3773.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree. Put it aside unless you're willing to take much less than you believe it's worth. Really nice polishing job.

It's a real shame that you seem to find it's too loud after having spent so much money on it. Or is the loudness okay with you but just too loud for your daughter. If it's too loud for you, yeah, stow it away for future use. If YOU like the sound, maybe you need to consider sticking with it. Just a thought.

mattmynhier

Established Member
Too loud for her, I love the sound. But, just an FYI I had it on eBay for about 12 hours and got an offer for 2600.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Recon

Established Member
I should get in the Mustang exhaust business lol. What makes the M55 so special besides it not being made anymore?

Sounds amazing but one slight drawback is it’s loud af.
Would love that catback for my Mach 1 but can’t justify spending that much for exhaust during the engine rebuild.

Pick your poison.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Someone needs to suck it up and cut one of the mufflers open and take it to someone to try to reproduce the sound and mufflers. Wouldn’t be me because that’s too much of a gamble for companies turning you away.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Save it. I could buy a magnum transmission for the asking price on this. Not judging you for selling at that price, just saying...keep it.

UNLESS...someone is crazy enough to pay that much for an exhaust. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread