M55 catback question

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
2017giphy.gif

mattmynhier

Established Member
OP is a troll. Needs a vacation.

How is that so? I asked for advice on a price and got flamed.
I was called a liar when I said I got an offer for 2600. I ended up showing you guys proof (screenshot) and still got shit. Then got flamed because I didn’t accept 2600 by about 1/2 of the people on this thread.
I asked for advice and you guys started busting balls. And you want to ban me. Sounds about right.

And in regards to my eBay ad why can’t I ask what I want to for it? You don’t have to buy it! Or for that matter even look at it!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mattmynhier

Established Member
Think it all started when you said you’d rather throw it in the river than taking less than 2800 for it.

Pick your poison.

And that comment still holds true. But, everyone busts my balls and I take it with a grain of salt. And then this guy gets all in a tizzy when I don’t get all pissy with everyone and just kinda play along.

I guess his dad never told him don’t dish out of you can’t take back

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"I was offered $2,600, I won't take less than $2,800 for it." = $200 means a lot to me, enough to not sell it.

"If I don't get at least $2,800 out of it, I'm going to throw it in the river ($)." = $2,600 doesn't mean anything to me, I'd rather throw it away.

"I post it for $3,000 for sale on eBay, then ask the forum what it's worth." = I'm not sure, $3,000 might be too high, but I have a lot invested and wanted to maximize my return, aka minimize loss.

"I change the posted price to $10,000." = Who the **** knows.

mattmynhier

Established Member
Asking for advice and got flamed.
So, I start having fun with it, and you get pissy. That river I’m gonna throw it in is apparently filled with your tears...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Recon

Established Member
Should’ve asked if $1200 is too much for an exhaust polish job. And yes it is, unless it looked like absolute dog crap. But judging from your post of it having around 2k miles on them I’d venture to say they looked pretty good to start with.

Pick your poison.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I love this thread. Can I charge admission and invite people in to watch the drama unfold?

Is $3000 per IP address too much for admission?

I'm just stirring the pot.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mattmynhier

Established Member
Should’ve asked if $1200 is too much for an exhaust polish job. And yes it is, unless it looked like absolute dog crap. But judging from your post of it having just over 2k miles on them I’d venture to say they looked pretty good to start with.

Pick your poison.

Dude 1200 was on the light side. Other places were more. I got quotes from mirror finish polishing in Springfield and Jeff smith in Ky and they were both higher. So, maybe all three are bad at quotes? Or that’s just what it costs to have it professionally done?
It cost 185 bucks to have the tips of my M58 professionally done. Say what you will about the cost of the polishing job. It can’t be reproduced at home. There is a reason Jeff Smith is backed up for months.
IMG_4018.jpg

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Should’ve asked if $1200 is too much for an exhaust polish job. And yes it is, unless it looked like absolute dog crap. But judging from your post of it having around 2k miles on them I’d venture to say they looked pretty good to start with.

Pick your poison.
I have polished entire sport bike frames and swing arms for half that. These were show bikes, and the frames were finished using a jewlers polish by hand.

With a good DA sander and wet sanding a lot can be accomplished in a short amount of time.

mattmynhier

Established Member
I have polished entire sport bike frames and swing arms for half that. These were show bikes, and the frames were finished using a jewlers polish by hand.

With a good DA sander and wet sanding a lot can be accomplished in a short amount of time.

Fair enough. Doesn’t change the fact that I went and got three different quotes and took the cheapest of the three. I have zero desire or the patience to polish them. Hence, why I paid to have it done. I would rather tear down my engine again and totally rebuild it before I would attempt to polish a catback. No thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread